cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Type to choose???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have one field called "Main EAN" which we have created in MDM and syndicating back in SAP.

This is the field in SAP by same name and has check box to ticked.I mean if you tick the check box then the EAN(European Article number) is Main EAN.

We have created this field type as Boolean in MDM and trying to syndicate back in SAP. We put value in this field as "True" in MDM and expect the check box getting ticked in SAP.

Its not working..

Any ideas How do we work with this..IS the field type selected correct?

Please let me know Guru's

Regards,

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

In additional to what everyone has said.

I feel a field is made as Boolen in MDM when that particular field acts as a flag type in SAP/R/3.

The Boolean field in MDM will store the value as true or false based on whether that field is ticked or unticked in R/3.

But when we syndicate this data back to SAP there is no mechanism wher by the true is automatically reflected as a tick in R?3 and a False as Untick.

This is the function of XI.

WHen we are working with SAP-MDM scenario ,XI is needed.And the job of XI is to perform such kind od conversion or mapping.

while pulling data from SAP to giv it to MDM it will convert the tick mark to TRUE and while sending data back to SAP it should perform the reverse.

Therefore either this function has to be manually uploaded in SAP as mentioned by others as well.

Or Xi can also perform this task.

Hope it helps

Hope it helps

Kindly reward Points if found useful

Thansj

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Create the field of type Text only but for those records you want check box should be checked pass the value X into the field and keep it blank for checkbox to remain unchecked.

Hope this will work.

Reward if it helps you.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that again will be a manual process, whether make the field as text or put value 'X', that will not modify the field value in R3 system means if we sent value as true the checkbox must be clicked.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

There are two reasons why i had said the value X :

1. If you see the contents of table MARA and the field which is of type CheckBox and if its checked then the field value will contain X in the entry.

2. If you create an ABAP Report and if it contains checkbox then to set the Checkbox checked by default you have to pass the X value or any word start with X.

Reward if it helps you

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with Jitesh that the value "X" is considered as True. Since SP5 you can keep the Boolean type and set in the configuration (console) of this field X into True value and blank into False value. It should work when the values are mapped 1:1 in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

According to me, None of the Data types will be able to meet your requirement. The Boolean Field is generally taken as a Flag, which is basically used for Searching, syndicating etc within MDM. It is MDM specific.

Hence once the value is syndicated out of MDM, MDM has no control over it in R3. It cannot directly tick any Field in R3.

I feel once the value of Boolean Field is populated in MDM, you can either do it manually in R3 or you can try writing some logic in R3 using ABAP.

Hope it helps..

Please reward points if useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I think you are right things in MDM, but the check box is getting clicked or not does not depend on MDM. Its your logic or method how the data is being posted in R3. And sometimes it happens when some field types does not match with R3 elements. Check fo the same. and that check box thing could be a manual process as per i know.

Reward if useful.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for you reply..

The issue is when we are trying to syndicate back any article record ..It doesnt syndicate back..I mean the Idoc fails with message 'MAIN EAN" not indicated..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vikrant, I think Nitin is right, either you have to do it manually or using some logic behind it. I dont see any other possibility as Nitin also mntioned once data goes out of MDM, it has no control over it. Its R3 which can manage it.

Idoc is getting failed because both of data types don't match, from my point of view you have to search for alternative. Because i have also faced some kind of difficulties while taking date format from XI to MDM.

BR,

Alok