cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection time out error when calling a webservice on ICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a webservice exposed on ECC 5.0 on the ICF. However, when we invoke the webservice - after 10 seconds , we get a error message

Error reading server response: The operation has timed-out

I checked ICMAN parameters

icm/conn_timeout - and set its new value to 50000 ms ( 50 secs ) - the connection still timed out when the webservice tooks more than 10 seconds to process.

icm/keep_alive_timeout - I don't see an option to change the new value for this parameter

What am i missing here - how can I set the connection not to time out uptil say 45 seconds - what parameter do I change here ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_hainer
Explorer
0 Kudos

I partly agree with Kaustubh,

if you test the service from within SICF the parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL (FQHN = Fully-Qualified Host Name) is taken to build the test URL. If this host name is not correct resp. cannot be resolved by the server, you will run into an error.

icm/host_name_full is only taken if SAPLOCALHOSTFULL is not maintained.

So first of all you shold check this parameter befor increasing timeout parameters at random.

If the parameter does not solve the problem, you should have a look into the ICM trace file (dev_icm) and search for "ERROR".

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthic,

Goto T-code SICF and check if you have activated the service.

Also if you have activated then deactivate and again activate it.

Please check profile parameter (using transaction RZ10 or RZ11) icm/host_name_full parameter has the FQDN value.

and after updating FQDN entry change host file entry by editing hosts file under driver/etc/

Reward points appreciated if you find thie information useful.

Regards,

Kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the FQDN ? Which hosts file and what entry should we modify ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh

Are you also sure whether any of the timeout parameter settings is not causing this ?