Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mdm to xi to r3 and delete mm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi people,

I have some doubts:

I want to sincronize MDM-R/3-SRM

I know i need to use XI, Syndicator, Import, config ports, maps... and the fact that XI gets an iDoc and converts it into a xml. I don't know how XI works, so: where is stored this document (xml), or it keeps like floating through XI? My doubt is because XI, SRM, and R/3 are installed in Unix, and MDM in Windows.

I have FI that goes to MM to search information. Also MDM will be implemented and stored all the information of materials and suppliers.

FI can search in MDM? and I can delete MM??

or

FI needs to search only in MM, so MDM needs to replicate info to MM

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uriel,

1. XI does not store data, its an exchange mechanism. so your xml will pass once from SRM to MDM using XI when you will import data from SRM and when you syndicate XI will through the xml to SRM from MDM. You are right "it keeps like floating through XI".

2. FI can search in MDM? and I can delete MM??

or

FI needs to search only in MM, so MDM needs to replicate info to MM

Ans: This is very typical question because it depends on whether, afetr taking data from MM to MDM if you are still using SAP R3 side to view and maintain MM data then sure, you cant delete MM. ya you can create new things in MDM and then syndicate them to MM module.

If FI is directly searching in MDM for MM data, i will still say dont delete that MM things, because it may happen any other application is taking data from MM and the others are using MM. so its purely dependent situation on how you are maintaining MM.

Rewards if useful.

BR,

Alok

Answers (0)