cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6C OSDB Migration to MaxDB

than_martens
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are considering moving our 4.6C system to Windows/MaxDB - so as to make our future upgrade to ECC 6 easier

Currently our SAP_BASIS package level is 35, but note 382312 says that level 43 is required for MaxDB 7.6.

Question: Will SAP support a migration where we migrate FIRST, THEN apply support packages (immediately after migration) on the target system to get to 43? or MUST we apply the support packages to the source system first?

Our test migrations on level 35 work successfully, except that DB50 short dumps doing certain tasks (before support packages are applied), so it seems reasonable that we can migrate FIRST. But obviously, we don't want to do anything that SAP prohibits.

Appreciate any responses

Than Martens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The most important for SAP during an OS/DB Migration is PAM certification/compatibility and OS/DB Certified consultant.

Applying Support Packages after system migration should nnot be a problem. Reently I've made a OS/DB Migration of a SAP XI 3.00 system from Windows (SP17) to Solaris and SAP advised us in the Goinglive check to implement SP21. That was good because it was our main goal and was planned during the migration step.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry pls ignore my prev.post

Before I go further, pls mentiond details of your current system OS/DB/SAP and the to be Target Versions

You need to check PAM before doing it.

SAP would not support if the OS/DB migration is not carried out by a SAP Certified consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Note 382312 - doesn't mention that 43 is required for OS/DB migration. Its only required for a correction in DB13.

So you can carry out the OS/DB migration with the current patch level.

You need to check the minimum SP's levels required before you Upgrade to ECC6.

than_martens
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

PAM has been checked!

The search for a certified OSDB Migration consultant is already well underway!

Source system is AIX 5 / Oracle 9.2

Target is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 - MaxDB 7.6 64-bit (on x64 hardware)

Yes - we will need the 32-bit kernel!

Than Martens

than_martens
Explorer
0 Kudos

True - 43 is only required for the DB13 fix.

I should have wrote SP42 previously.

My interpretation of 382312 is that I must be on SP42 if I am to use MaxDB 7.6. I doubt SAP would like us to OSDB migrate, and then to remain on SP35 while using MaxDB 7.6, as it will be 6+ months before we get around to the ECC upgrade.

Than