cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have configured the Web Console 7.10. Installed the IIS 6.0.

When we access the Web Console with URL, we are getting R/3 Connection

Broken message. I've created the profile. Also tested ping with the

host name and can ping the SAP system from this web console server.

The only item I didn't specify is the router column since we don't use SAP router to access the systems.

Do we need to configure the SAP Router, SAPLogon?

Thanks

Yuva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member395192
Participant
0 Kudos

In our case if parameter icm/conn_timeout too large (I set it to 360000 = 3600 sec) same trouble ocured after some time. If I set it to default (5000 usec or 5 sec) trouble not ocured.

I think it is because accumulated so many sessions (SAP sessions and network session on both servers with SAP and IIC), that servers cannot work normally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the settings in SICF (Hopefully this was the transaction for the URL setting-if I have it correctly in mind) and then if the service is running correctly and the user has the rights to access this service.

As I had this error, it was mostly one of these three things!

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

I have been experiencing the same problems when trying to access the URL. Using the WebSAPConsoleInstallGuide.pdf, I set up the XSL transformer file for the device profile and configured the IIS as was specified. When accessing the url: http://<host>/sap/isapi_sapcnsl.dll, i would receive the "Connection to R/3 is Broken" message.

Oliver,

I have the SAP AII instance running on a server that is in a completely different geographic location. Quick question: The IIS and WebSAPConsole should be configured on the server running AII correct? And can you elaborate on what to check for in the settings in SICF?

Thanks in advance!

-AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I did to fix this issue was install SAPGUI on the same server. Configure the SAPGUI and use that config to create a profile under SAPWEBCONSOLE.

That fix the issue.

Also check you IIS config.

Regards

Yuva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raju,

Let me describe my setup since I still think I have everything configured properly.

Problem: I am trying to achieve connection to the SAP AII server using a Symbol RFID Scanner. The AII server is in the UK. The Symbol scanner is in the US and is attempting to wirelessly connect. I am in the US with a laptop that can achieve connection to the AII server in the UK using SAPGUI.

Now, I have configured the SAPConsole Administrator with a device profile (XSL file) on my laptop. Part of the configuration is to specify the host server, which would be the UK server with AII, which I have done. Is there anything that needs to be done on the UK server with regards to WebSAPConsole? Is there some profile property in SAP AII that needs to be set to allow the Symbol handheld to access the session?

I have also configured IIS on my laptop using the guide. On my laptop, when I go to http://localhost/sap_aii (my specific folder)/isapi_sapcnsl.dll i receive the message "Connection to R/3 broken."

I cannot even get to this error message when I point the browser on the Symbol handheld to this URL.

Do you see any problems with what I am doing? Thank you in advance!

-AJ