cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level of Knowledge in ABAP and Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am seeking a career in SAP Netweaver Process Integration - XI and would like to know what level of knowledge would i need to have in ABAP and Java. If i should have any what are the area's that would be expected. Please Clarify.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Ajay C Indukuru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

in addition to chirag's comment

We use ABAP Proxies in case of we are dealing with the ABAP Based Applications

We use JAVA Proxies in case of we are dealing with the JAVA based application

in SAP XI We have two ways of connectivity

1) adapter

2)proxy

in applications based on WAS 6.20 or above we can directly communicate to XI through Proxies

while application based on below WAS 6.20 you have to use adaptyer to communicate to XI

proxies seperate business application logic from the integration logic of integration logic

proxy generation converts non language specific interface description in WSDL into executable interface

Java proxy is generated from the WSDL description opf interface and this is generated as a JAR file in IR

while ABAP proxy is generated by transaction SPROXY

on Application server based on WSDL description of message interface

PROXIES have same mode and direction as Interfaces have

To learn Java you should know only basic concepts of java means you must have basic java programmin skill

Java proxy can be generated through wizard also this is an inbuild functionality of SAP XI

to lear java follow this link

java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

To learn ABAP you should know beginner level ABAP4GL

ABAP is very simple language and coding is like that you are writing simple english sentence so you would be feeling comfortable withABAP with a little practice

GO to T CODE se24 and start developing

learn ABAP with this link

http://www.itquestionbank.com/sams-teach-yourself-abap-4-in-21-days.html

for more advance version you may follow SDN

in my opinion nothing is so hard to learn

i hope this may assist you

if helpful kindly reward points

Regards

Sandeep Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Level of knowledge required in ABAP:

1) there can be scenario which involved writing a code for PROXY, writing a BAPI or RFC function module in for RFC scenario, extending a IDOC segment for IDOC scenarios, ABAP mapping if ur using ABAP.

2) Java basic knowledge is required where u can able to write the user defined function in graphical mapping,

but sometime the requirement is not fullfilled then u need to to go for advance java for writing a java mapping or adapter module program.

again all depends upon the project requirement.

chirag

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Knowing ABAP is good.

Should be able to write basic java programs is required.

VJ