cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading internal numbers for General charac. via SE16

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have an interesting problem I haven't run in to before.

We are merging two SAP systems into one. I need to extract the characertistic data, cleanse it and align it and upload it to a new system.

The MICS are linked to the general characteristics via the field QPMK.ATINN. So we've downloaded those. No problem.

We want to download the matching general characteristics. These are downloaded from table CABN and the internal charac number is in field CABN.ATINN and the characteristic name is in CABN.ATNAM.

When we go to download CABN via SE16 from our production or development system, the field CABN.ATINN will not display the internal number but it converts it to the characteristic name for display and download purposes.

But in our sandbox for this system, it displays the actual ATINN number. But of course we can't download from this system since the data is all suspect in the sandbox.

I'm sure this must be some type of user setting in the system. It might be related to security too somehow... there are reports that some users can see the internal numbers while others can't.

In production, for SE16 for table CABN we see this:

ATINN ATNAM

pH pH

In our sandbox for SE16 for table CABN we see this:

ATINN ATNAM

0000000022 pH

Any ideas out there?

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found out from another consultant in another forum that this is a user setting.

In the SE16 screen, under Settings--User parameters. Then on the tab labelled "Data Browser". The bottom value for "Check conversion exits" toggles this functionality on and off.

Craig