cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimizer and dummy procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anyway SNP optimizer don't create dummy purchase orders at the distribution center? We have high penalty cost for non delivery. If there is no supply available/ (or some reason master data is missing), Optimizer is creating Purchase requisition without any source of Supply. We want to avoid this Purchase requisition.

Thanks everyone for sharing your expertise.

Shibu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Optimiser will not create Pur Req with source as blank if the supply is not avaialble at the source, instead it will incur demand loss cost.

Opt will create PR with source blank only if you have define Procurement type as F and no source has been defined, you can either define a source or change the procurement type to E.

Also their is a note in case of optimiser which prevents creation of PR with source as blank, but I am not able to access the SAP notes and so cant provide you with the note number, you can just check out.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Missed to look in the planning version setting. I was thinking due to cost parameters this strange behavior is occuring in optimizer.

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a similar issue. What planning version setting did you do change? Planned order without source of supply? Please let me know what solved your issue.

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Answers (0)