cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt in Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose I'm working with Graphical Mapping. Is it possible to apply Java Mapping/XSLT Mapping for a subset of fields in the source. As per my knowledge I believe it is not possible.

Please let me know your suggestions. Thank you.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ur understanding is right. Under graphical mapping u can write user define function which is written in java and use that but u can not use java/XSLT mapping along with it.

for the use of java or XSLT u need to first write the java code in eclipse or NWDS for example and zip the code and import it into imported archive of IR and use that in message mapping.

refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f2/dfae3d47afd652e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u mean can I use java/XSLT in message mapping (I am not asking about UDFs).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have u referred the link which is given by me.

U can either go for any of the mapping:

1) Graphical mapping

2) Java mapping

3) XSLT mapping

4) ABAP mapping.

based on the criticality of requirement u can go with any of the mapping.

java mapping:

refer the few of the weblog which can give u better understanding:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/10/23/testing-and-debugging-java-mapping-in-developer-studio

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10dd67dd-a42b-2a10-2785-91c40ee5...

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/08/10/using-jaxp-to-both-parse-and-emit-xml-in-xi-java-mapping-programs

refer Mapping Performance:

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Chirag.

let me put my question more clear.

Suppose i have two fields in my target structure. I'm using Graphical Mapping. The first field I've mapped directly. And for the second field I want to use XSLT to get required value. So, Is this situation possible?

This is my exact question. Please clarify me.

Thank you.

Regards

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thats what I told u. u can not use java or XSLT mapping along with Graphical mapping.

U have not read my reply it seems.

Under graphical mapping u can write user define function which is written in java and use that but u can not use java/XSLT mapping along with it.

what do u mean by

I want to use XSLT to get required value. r u talking about XSLT mapping? from where u want to get the required value.

pls clarify.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot chirag.

I've read your reply. But i've tried to get the answer more clear.

Actually I've heard this requirement from one of my colleague. And I know we can't do like that.

Anyway, Thanks alot for your time and valuable suggestion.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Answers (0)