cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run any new SFP that I create, or one that I copy from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On ECC 6.0 service-pack 11, ADS on Win2003 - BASIS SP-13.

All ADS test programs work fine and I've been thru note 944221, as much as I can without being a BASIS person, & all the tests work. BASIS swears everything configured correctly. (Includes SM59, SICF, & Visual-Admin) They feel vindicated since all the test prgs work. Opened an OSS note but all they said was read note 944221.

Simple test to demonstrate my problem:

Use FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME() to obtain the function name for SAP test form FP_TEST_00.

SE37: /1BCDWB/SM00000004 (Function for form FP_TEST_00)

F8 to run (no parameters needed) - enter an ADS compatible printer and select Print-Preview - I get a blank PDF page, which is fine.

Copy FP_TEST_00 to some Z-test form and activate. Obtain the function name...and repeat, I get error message: ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Problem accessing d(200101) - I get this for ANY new SFP that I create too.

A level 4 trace on this last test seems to error with these:

Fully encoded destination: http://comssap006:8000/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/ZJRC_ADS_TEST01.XDP?fp-language=EN

Problem accessing data from Destination: dest:FP_ICF_DATA_EPD//sap/bc/fp/form/layout/ZJRC_ADS_TEST01.XDP?fp-language=EN&fp-cacheinfo=2008-04-10T19%3a23%3a17Z%2421fa6b32-6efd-4bb5-a9f6-4be6222f047d%240%24en%24v0%2e9

com.adobe.ads.destination.DestinationException: File Not Found while reading Dest URL: http://comssap006:8000/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/ZJRC_ADS_TEST01.XDP?fp-language=EN

Is there something I'm missing - what's an "XDP" - do I have to generate an initial XDP file somehow or a template or something for any new SFP?

A trace during the successful FP_TEST_00 test has no problem finding

Fully encoded destination: http://comssap006:8000/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/FP_TEST_00.XDP?fp-language=DE

How did this file get there but it cannot find/create my own XDP's?

Could BASIS be missing something or maybe a version incompatibility?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Do the following:

1. Check From transaction Code st22.

2. Their you will find all the errors occurred in the system. Choose your program's error.

3. Go to heading "How to correct the error".

4. Their you will find the keyword below the line :

"If you have access to SAP Notes, carry out a search with the

following

keywords:"

5. Search for those keywords in sap notes their you will find the solutions.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Edited by: vaibhav tiwari on Apr 18, 2008 11:02 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

roger_sainsbury
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jim,

thanks so much for taking the time to post your solution. I was experiencing exactly the same issues when trying to print from a CRM 2007 system, and a search took me straight to your post.

We didn't have exactly the same set up as you, but I gather from my Basis colleague that your post was enough to get us on the right track.

For anyone else who's stuck, I'm told that SAP Note 925741 is very helpful, particularly the section on page 2 'Additional steps for SAP Netweaver 2004s'.

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've configured ADS and I got the same error. The solution was add SAP_BC_FP_ICF role to ADS_AGENT user.

Roger,

Very helpful post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my last post. (Note, where I refered to XDL should be XDP files) Also, the previous poster had a good idea to check ST22 for errors in PDF's however in this case no dumps are created because there was nothing wrong with the forms - it was the failure to create the XDP at the destination but that does not create an ST22 entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem with the help of OSS, our BASIS guy and his SAP contacts.

Note, I also posted a detailed answer to this SDN question that was related to this same problem:

(Search on "Contradiction in Form")

In a nutshell, our ADS client was running on a separate Win2K box. The SAP box would send a request to compose a PDF but Visual-Admin on the Win box was not configured correctly to send the generated XDL file back to SAP - hence my destination/target failure messages.

In Visual-Admin under the Global Configuration tab our BASIS guy placed the entry "http://<our App sever host name, ie: cohpsap...>:8000" into the prompt for URL under the HTTP Destination for the SAP system in question - ie FP_ICF_DATA_EPD. (Other prompts on this screen include, Client: 110, Username: ADS_AGENT, Password:....) Security also added role SAP_BC_FP_ICF to user ADS_AGENT on the SAP box.

The "Contradiction in Form" message that I got from PDF-Based Program: RFKORD10_PDF and form: F140_ACC_STAT_01 was probably some high-level error that got obscured. The more simple test of simply creating (or copying) a simple test PDF like FP_TEST_00 better demonstrated the symptom & problem.

What made it even more obscure was that all the SAP test programs & procedures worked fine. Also the XDL files for the all the test programs/PDF's already exist in the target directory - possibly included with the installation. Therefore the setup is NOT thoroughly tested by these procedures because the XDL files are not generated from scratch as they had to be when I created new PDF's or tried to compose F140_ACC_STAT_01 for the very first time.

PS. As of 4/??/08 our BASIS guy was told by SAP that ADS was now sanctioned on our HP-Itainium platform and we can now pursue the removal of the separate Win2K boxes that were running the ADS client.