Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan Document-Management Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for my bad english first:

i'm looking for the solman under the aspect of a documentmangementsystem.

(describing bp, test, elearn, etc.).

just i wanna know, if the is a possibilitiy to search for documents, like a full-text-search.

As far as i know, there is no search functionalitiy in the roadmaps or in the SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN !

my just a SAP beginner, i read some books in this topic, but i haven't found any about a search funtion.

since now, i don't have much experience with the system real-world.

Can u help me?

thx

cya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco!

I heard that you have to use the TREX for full text search in documents assigned to a solution manager scenario / process. But I don't know what to do so that it works with Solution Manager documents.

I think you will find a solution for your problem if you look for information about TREX.

Regards

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

this forum is really great! very fast answer! thx

one thing: can i organzize and manage Meetings in the solman? i think about infrastructure, agenda, memebers, time etc. How can i map this with the solman? is this possible? if yes, can i integrate MS Outlook to this 'workflow'?

thx

cya

marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Unfortunately, SolMan hasn't got that kind of functionality for regular Project Management kind work.

From within Service Desk, however, the support desk person attending to a message can initiate a few actions, one of them being 'meeting'. Since Service Desk scenario is based on CRM server & its associated ('action' based) functionality, you have some flexibility.

For regular other areas, like Blueprint/ Config or Project Admin screensm there is no straight functioality that I am aware of.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx again. you help me really going forward!!

another thing in my mind:

the most documents are mapped to the structure of business scnearios/processes/steps, but what happens with documents like ProjectPlanning/-Definition?

Where can i assign them to the system? Propably in the Roadmaps or?

If i create a new documnet and attach it in the SOLAR1 to any particular business process, will i see this doc in the documentation tap in the roadmap? (thats a comprehension question)

thank you guys for your help

marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Kindly refer to my postings in [this|; thread.

As regards Project/ Guidelines/ Procedural documents, that aren't about the solution, you are right. They are normally not associated against Business Scenario or Process or Process Step level.

However, you may add them in Roadmap transaciton (RMMAIN) only if your project team members are going to access that transaction diligently and make correct use of it. If not, it will soon fall into disuse and create confusions on where the latest documents are stored.

More often than not, in the projects I have worked on since 2004, people tend to keep such documents in a shared folder or Intranet outside of Solution Manager.

Alternatively, if the folder (tree) structure is not a huge turn off, you can perhaps create a namesake Business Scenario called PMO and add folders underneath, against which you can hold documents.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, am i right, that it is not volitional by SAP to attach these docs (project definion, planning, GANTT charts etc.) to the solman???

because under the project dokumentation tab in SOLAR1/2 are only business process relevant docs?!

and the other tabs (tests, elearn, dev, config) are independet from the BPs?

is it correct, that the tab Development means: Change Request Documents?!

is it correct, that the tab Configuration means: Customzing documentation?!

thx

marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

any ideas???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

If you use the transaction SOLAR_EVAL (Reporting) you can get to search for documents using Keywords.

However, such Keywords must have been defined at the first place, within Project Standards Tab of Project Admin transaction, and then invoked when the Document was uploaded, within the Attributes tab.

Apart from Keywords, there is also a functionality that might help, though I have never heard anyone using so far, called Index Search

This you'll find in the following menu path:

Transaction - SPRO

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Cross Scenario Settings -> Document Management -> Servers -> Connect Index Server for Full Text Search

I trust this helps.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!

another question: does the solman search in the attached documents? u said, i can define keywords, (this works fine until now) but e.g. i attach a microsoft word document, can the solman search in this document for a string? do you think this is possible?

As far as i know, with Lotus Notes does it work.

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

That's precisely what this search functionality seems to promise.

I have never used it so far (no Project level mandate), so I can't confirm you from my experience.

However, a cursory reading of IMG node level information conveys the ideas that ALL contents within the documents are also included in search.

Best regards,

Srini