cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing HTML directly to Web DynPro View

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm developing a Web DynPro component that needs some a little report displayed on the screen. Web DynPro does a great job with standard UI content but it simply isn't rich enough for this report.

My ideal solution would be something like an IFrame control accept that instead of providing the content of an URL it would allow me to inject HTML into the context and then display on the HTML where the control is placed on the page. I would use an JSP in the IFrame except that I need to put links on the report the fire functionality provided by the Web DynPro component. I have tried dynamic UI generation but at least with my (limited) knowledge of Web DynPro it just didn't allow me to do what I needed it to do.

I am new to Netweaver/Web DynPro and would appreciate any help provided me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the output format of the reporting tool? Is it already HTML or is it XML, can you control the format?

If your report can produce XML, you could programmatically create Web Dynpro context and UI elements from that. I used this technique to create an RSS reader as a Web Dynpro component.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

You refer your RSS reader for second time. Any chances to see it (screnshots & description) as your blog post?

VS

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

(a) are you sure you can do a alyout in html which you cannot in Web Dynpro?!?

(b) If you really want a JSP, you will have to generate the JSP within some web application (of your WAS, of course) and then use the IFrame with the url pointing to the resource just created; this would be a bit like the solution described in except that you wouldn't create the html within the WD application structure.

(c) See for another approach for displaying HTML.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!