cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in file content conversion, file 2 xml scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could some one help me in finding out the error in my file to xml scenario, please do consider the following things what I did for this scenario.

1.My sender file structure is flat file with , seperated 4 fields. On receiver end expecting xml file.

2.Did file content conversion at sender file adapter and given parameters as follows.

Document name : MT_FileInput

DocumentnameSpace : http://file/praveenworkshop

Recordset Name : DT_Record

Recordset Structure : DT_Row,*

KeyfieldType : String( default)

DT_Row.fieldnames : FirstName,LastName,City,PostCode

DT_Row.fieldSeparator : ,

DT_Row.processConfiguration: FromConfiguration

Dt_Row.endSeparator : 'nl'

3. I did check in Adapter Monitor that Both Sender and receiver adapter are showing green and It was showing 'Adapter is up and running: But no messages processed'

4. I did check the SXMB_MONI which was showing " Scheduled for Outbound processing"

5. In SXMB_MONI outbound processing payload was picking up the file and also inbound processing showing the same.

6. my source folder and destination folder are very simple c:/praveenfiles/input and c:/praveenfiles/output

files are source file praveen.txt and destination file praveenOP.xml

Please help me in finding out the error to see the output file in my output folder.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Hope these bloga are useful to you..

File content conversion sites

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Seems to be there is no problem with your configuration but the problem is with your XI Quesues.As the server is enguaged so that it's unable to create WP for the new process.

Try to delete any unwanted jobs from the queues (in worst case Restart the server),,It will work fine.

Best Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

Thanks for the reply,

I was working on some other scenarios like xml2file, and file2file which were working fine. But why Server couldn't make work process for this process exactly. Others are showing successfully finished with output file. please do some R and D for this.

thanks & regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

1) Does your input file is read by the input comm channel? (check Runtime Workbench to see if the file is read, you should see the message id assigned to the incoming file, then you can use that id to track the message between adapter engine and integration engine, all this with the Runtime Workbench, via component monitoring and message monitoring screens. )

2) Do you see the converted data from the input file as XML data in the SXMB_MONI when you open the message?

3) your receiver File adapter is used without File Content Conversion, right?

4) if you see the message in SXMB_MONI, locate the "queue" column in the grid and double click it to see if the message is still in the queue.

Regards,

Matias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friends for ur help.Thanks to SDN too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in SMQ2 of XI's ABAP Stack for any Queues struck up

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

I didn't check SMQ1 really thanks for the suggestion, But my question I couldn't work out the problem from past 2 days. With in mean time I was working on other scenarios like file2file, xml2file those are working fine. what I want to know is does each and every process has its own queue and to be refreshed in SMQ1 or is it same for all other processes.

thanks

regards

Praveen