cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Http Scenario. Pls advice urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I had System A --- XI (Sync HTTP Scenario)

From XI I needs to send them xml structure.

Please let me know which xml structure should I send them

Data Type, Message Type or Message Mapping Source Structure? as when we test HTTP scenaro from RWB we give Message Mapping source structure.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rac

folow these links thesemust be helpful to you in understandinh HTTP to XI scenarion and general HTTP errors

/people/kausik.medavarapu/blog/2005/12/29/csv-file-lookup-with-http-request-and-response-in-xi

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1442 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Http* Errors in XI

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

Regards

Sandeep

If helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to send the request side XML structure

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Apr 17, 2008 5:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You might have created Sender and receiver Data types, message types and message mapping of sender and receiver.

Now while testing with RWB you need to give the sender side XML structure that you can get from test tab of Mapping.

refer

HTTP to RFC - A Starter Kit

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swarup,

I know when we test HTTP scenaro from RWB we give Message Mapping source xml structure.

But here I need to send my request xml to some 3rd Party system so my question is that which request xml structure

should I send to them

Data Type or Message Type or Message Mapping Source XML Structure?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>so my question is that which request xml structure

>>should I send to them

Ofcourse it will be message mapping source XML

Thanx

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Apr 17, 2008 9:22 AM

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac,

can you elaborate your scenario.

What is your source sytem and what is your thirdparty system(Target system)?

thanks,

gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Scenario

System A (http sync send) --- XI

So they will send XML request data to XI.

My question is XML request data that will be sent to XI

Question1

Will it be Request Data Type or Request Message Type or Message Mapping Source Structure.?

Below is Message Mapping Source Structure.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_IVR_CRM xmlns:ns0="urn:com.alkhaliji:xi:derdacksms:01">

<Reference_Number>1</Reference_Number>

</ns0:MT_IVR_CRM>

Question2

How will they send xml paylaod to XI if I rpovide them XI URL.?

Regards

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac,

My question is still not answered.

what is your target system.

what kind of data are they sending from HTTPsender(XML or NON-XML).

because you can pass any data(binary or text) to a message interface not only on behalf HTTP Adapter but also using other adapters.

>>How will they send xml paylaod to XI if I rpovide them XI URL.?

You will pass the data in HTTP body part.

Thanks

Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario

System A -- XI --- System B

This is Synchronous scenario.

System A is sending data in xml form to XI using HTTP.

System B has webservice which is receivg data from XI

and will send response back to XI and XI will send XML response back to System A using same HTTP session.

Now since System A is sending data in xml form to XI using HTTP XI needs to send xml request structure to System A.

Will it be Request XML Data type structure, or Request XML Message Type structure or Message Mapping source structure ? Pls tell

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Client people asked u to provide the structure of ur means we ahve to give the DT structure is enough.

If we say the Namespace , Message interface , Sender service and XI's integration server URL means they will send the Request to XI directly with out use of any adapter in XI

Enough to send your Request Datatype structure, if required Response also

Regards

Seshagiri

Edited by: N V Seshagiri on Apr 17, 2008 4:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen/Swarup

My scenario

System A -- XI --- System B

This is Synchronous scenario.

I tested in RWB.

a. I took Message Mapping Source xml structure and sent from RWB it worked fine.

b. I took xsd of Request Data Type and sent from RWB it shows error

"MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE"

So does it mean that I need to send Message Mapping Source xml structure to System A and not xsd of Request Data Type

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ohhhhhhhhh, It's mis understood by me.

If you are talking abt the Sending the request message means

1) We have to take message mapping and goto Test TAB and provide sample values

2) Copy it and goto RWB--Integration Engine

3) Send the message to IS

This is the we have to work

We shldn't provide the DT or MT xml

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

For testing purpose I used RWB and when I tested

Mesage Mapping Source XML structure worked fine and Request Data Type XSD gave mapping error.

In real scenario System A will sent xml to XI.

So my question is again what should I send to System A.

Mesage Mapping Source XML structure

OR

Request Data Type XSD -- but it gave mapping error from RWB.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rac:

So my question is again what should I send to System A.

If you use RWB, then your message is sent to pipeline directly by bypassing the adapter engine.

So this does not mean you send message to System A as you mentioned above.

Rather than using RWB, you might also consider using http client or SOAP client tool that can display response message.

Liang

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rac,

Its EOD for me yesterday.

Ok. Now as per your input I am assuming like this.

System A(HTTPSender)----> it has some XML data as request and also expects response in XML format

System B(WebserviceRececiver)--> obviously it also expects data in XML for both request and response as webservice is based on open standards.

>>Will it be Request XML Data type structure, or Request XML Message Type structure or Message Mapping source structure ? Pls tell

For any scenario you have to provide MESSAGETYPE structure if the system(sender) sends an XML and you have a mapping defined for it in XI(graphical mapping). As graphical mapping does a validation against its schema.

If it is some other mapping likd java, abap etc ...then it is upto you how you want to parse the data. It doesnt require a specific Message Type or Data Type. you can define a dummy data type and associate it with message type then with Message interface accordingly(sync or Async).. (this applies to your second question below.)

>a. I took Message Mapping Source xml structure and sent from RWB it worked fine.

>b. I took xsd of Request Data Type and sent from RWB it shows error

"MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE"

we use RWB for testing purposes only.

When we execute a message from RWB it posts the data to PIPELINE URL of XI i.e., [http://<serverhost>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry]

Hence you have to provide message type structure for sample data not XSD type of DataType . Above explanation applies here

In your case the sender is HTTP. Hence it posts data to this URL [http://<serverhost>:<port>/sap/xi/adapter_plain?] which then posts the data to PIPE LINE URL of XI as mentioned above.

Let me summarize, for your scenarion you have to basically define two DATATYPES manually or import XSDs if client provides them for your HTTP sender service.

If you do it manually you have define two DATATYPEs one is for HTTPrequest and the other one is for HTTPResponse. And associate them with two Message Types request and response. Then define a MESSAGE INTERFACE for your HTTPSender with attributes synchronou and outbound and associate the just defined message types.

If you have XSDs provided by client simply import them as External Definitions and associate it with Message interface of HTTP sender as explained above.

Coming to receiver side, Its a webservice. Hence there will be a WSDL definition for it. Import that definition in Repository(XI) as external definition. Basically this WSDL holds request and resonse message types for your webservice. Define Message Interface for your target application(Webservice) with attributes synchronous and inbound and associate the request and reponse message types of this WSDL.

I think for mappig and interface you dont requier any explanation its just like normal configuration. Map according to your requirement.

Now configure you ID part active and execute it from sample HTTPClient application.

Thanks,

Gujjeti