cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let us say I am getting 1000 records in a flat file. Let us say I want to process only 500 records from that file and remaing I don't want to process. How do I do that without BPM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a business rule then use it in mapping and produce the target strucuture with only those required records and pass it on to the target system.

VJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your mapping program, you can add additional XSLT / Java mapping program which only take first 500 records then pass result xml to your regular mapping program.

This way your file adapter still pick up the file with 1000 records as usual file adapter does.

Regards.

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Apr 17, 2008 8:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody for the responses. I will award the points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I suggest to use graphical mapping. There you usually map a father node in the source that has ocurrance 0/1...unbounded to another father node in the target that also has occurance "unbounded", to have one target element or complex element for each input element. You could insert a UDF in between and count using a global container and once you reach the required quantity of elements, you can stop throwing as output the incoming input.

If you can determine which records you should process by their record type, you can instead use the File Content Conversion.

Regards,

Matias.