Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toggle savebutton invisible when in display mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone

i need to know how i can make the save button (beside the back, exit and cancel button) invisible or untouchable... i dont know the exact word in english... i just want, that the save button is always visible but only works when the user is able to make changes to fields (display/change mode)

its normal in sap that when your in display mode u cant save, but when youre in change mode u can save and that's exactly what i want 😃

im really bad in expressing myself

sorry

but thx for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can hide the SAVE button using SET PF-STATUS statement.

Ie,

SET PF-STATUS '9000' EXCLUDING 'SAVE'.

Where SAVE is the FUNCTION code of SAVE button.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rafe,

You will need to create a new GUI (or menu) status using t-code SE41 - the Menu Painter.

Open SE41 and enter the program's name and then use the dropdown on the STATUS box. You will find the current GUI status that the program uses now.

Copy that GUI status into a new one. Open that new one in change mode in SE41 and remove the text above the SAVE icon. Save and activate.

Now return to the program's source code and locate the syntax SET PF-STATUS 'xxxx' (xxxx is the current GUI status).

Alter this syntax with an IF statement to toggle between Display mode and non--Display mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can hide the SAVE button using SET PF-STATUS statement.

Ie,

SET PF-STATUS '9000' EXCLUDING 'SAVE'.

Where SAVE is the FUNCTION code of SAVE button.

0 Kudos

worked!

thx very much