cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX 7.0 on HP-UX 11.23

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the PAM, I can see that TREX 7.0 is only supported for HP-UX 11.23/PA-RISC servers. Has anyone installed the same TREX on HP-UX 11.23 IA64 machines? I understand that there is compatibility between the two architectures but I wanted to confirm if someone has actually done it?

Regards,

Shehryar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> From the PAM, I can see that TREX 7.0 is only supported for HP-UX 11.23/PA-RISC servers. Has anyone installed the same TREX on HP-UX 11.23 IA64 machines? I understand that there is compatibility between the two architectures but I wanted to confirm if someone has actually done it?

For SAP software this "compatibility layer" is not used - and not supported.

Also keep in mind, that for new TREX versions only Windows + Linux (on x86_64) are supported (see note 1093900 - Upgrade from TREX 7.0 to TREX 7.1).

So you might be able to install and run it but it won't be supported and since the system calls are "emulated", it won't perform as if you would install it as a native application.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Can you please explain what you mean by "and since the system calls are "emulated", it won't perform as if you would install it as a native application"? Is there some sort of virtual machine running to ensure compatibility?

Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a binary emulator that comes bundled with the operating system, see http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=0208713ba....

It is transparent - you may be able to run the software just as normal without any problems but since it's "changed" during runtime it will be slower.

Markus

Answers (0)