SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Retail - Serial Number Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anybody help me out on this:

Our client is a retailer dealing in Electronic Products. They want to capture the serial numbers every time they sell the product so that warranty n all can be tracked. This function is present in Manufacturing but i'm not able to find it out in IS-Retail.

Can anyone tell me how to capture the serial number of a product?

Reply ASAP,

Anupam Upadhyay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Pl do the following:

a)In Articles Creation MM41 in Logistics-DC & Logistics-Store views *click Other Logistics Data Tab and

go to Serial Number Profile choose 0001 Integrated Serial Number.

b)List your Article in WSM3.

c)Raise yr PO on Vendor.

d)In MIGO automatically one Serial Numbers Tab will appear and here you can enter your serial numbers.

e) You can view your Serial number against the particular Article in Tcode IQ09or IQ03.

Serial Numbers will be captured at every movement. Once Serial Number Profile is assigned for an article it cannot be reversed.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

S.V.ManiKumaar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Pl do the following:

a)In Articles Creation MM41 in Logistics-DC & Logistics-Store views *click Other Logistics Data Tab and

go to Serial Number Profile choose 0001 Integrated Serial Number.

b)List your Article in WSM3.

c)Raise yr PO on Vendor.

d)In MIGO automatically one Serial Numbers Tab will appear and here you can enter your serial numbers.

e) You can view your Serial number against the particular Article in Tcode IQ09or IQ03.

Serial Numbers will be captured at every movement. Once Serial Number Profile is assigned for an article it cannot be reversed.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

S.V.ManiKumaar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have already got that, but my problem is that in the "SAP Retail Store", it doesn't appear any field where to fulfill the serial number, and it appears a pop up asking for it, but I don't have the possibility to enter it.

If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

Best Regards,

Leire

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

how are you creating delivery / Issue..??

In delivery document, go to EXTRAS at main menu, select serial numbers.

system gives pop-up for entering the serial number. Enter the serial number and save the document.

Is it resolve your issue?

Please let me know status.

Regards,

Prasad. K