cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extending

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a materaial created for domestic purposes i want to use this materaial in export also, how to extend this...please tell me its urgent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear raghu ram

Go to MM01, give the material code which you have already created for domestic and give the same material below the field "Copy from". Now click on "Select views: in which you select the following views only

a) Sales: Sales Org. Data 1

b) Sales: Sales Org. Data 2

c) Sales: General/Plant Data

and press enter so that the system will ask now to enter the sales area. On the left side, you enter the exports sales area and on the right side, you can see the domestic sales area. Save the material. Now you can create export sale order for the same material.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i select the views and enter the system is not asking anything...it directly enters the screen of sales org 1...

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once u select the views-

choose "organization level" tab-

dont press enter .

this should work

try n let me know.

I hope u entered the correct data

in copy to & copy from fields.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear raghu ram

If you have given the same material code in "Copy from" as suggested already, then definitely, after selecting the sales views and press enter, system will ask to enter sales area.

If you have not given the material code in "Copy from", then as you said, it will directly go to that particular view screen.

Please retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

You can extend a material to any sales org, plant, division once you create.

After creating the material, if you want to extend it, just goto MM01, and give all the necessary selections, and give the material which you want to extend in "COPY FROM" option,

Then it will take you to screen, where you have to give all the necessary info like copy from (plant, sales org, dist. channel) and copy to information (new plant, sales org etc) all the master data of that material will be extended. It will ask you to replace necessary information like division, deliverying plant etc. but the remaing info like basic data, name of the material etc. remain same.

HOpe this is clear.

Rewared if helpful.

Thanks

Praveen

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

provide more info-

whatz da problem ur facing.

how u restrict the particular material is used only for domestic- shount not be used for exports?

that could be solve ur issue.

if u restirct through sales organization, u need to create a new sales org for exports ( as pricing procedure could be vary for domestic n exports)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can extend it vai Tcode MM01 to the sales are used for exports and maintain the foreign trade data. Else will be taken care.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry i could not understand what you said...please elaborate...

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu.

If your comp uses different sales area to distribute this good in foreign country, you may extend the same sop that sales is possible. also maintain the foreign trade data tab so that the details are pulled in automatically or else you will have to maintain the same manually on every document in header foreign trade and item foreign trade. if you chose to customize it through SPRO it eill be populated automatically. There is also a option of analyzing the foreign trade data in an document. GOTO header foreign trade and on the right hand side there is a small square button for analysis. This is both at header as well as item level.

Regards