cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web AS Java 6.40 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've recently purchased the book "Java Porgramming with the SAP Web Application Server" which comes with a DVD for an installation of a trial version of the server.

During the installation process, immediately after de license agreement screen, the following pop-up message is displayed:

"An error occurred during the installation of component MaxDB> Central System> Migration - Target System Installation. Press the log view button to get extended error information or press OK to terminate the installation. Log files are written to Max DB> Central System> Migration - Target System Installation".

The log exhibits the following:

INFO 2008-04-17 06:39:10

Creating file C:\Arquivos de programas\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_COPY\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST\product.1.xml.

INFO[E] 2008-04-17 06:39:11

File system export (share) saploc does not exist.

INFO 2008-04-17 06:39:11

Looking for SAP system instances installed on this host...

WARNING 2008-04-17 06:39:11

Error 5 (Acesso negado.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (67), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GbpSv).

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GbpSv' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

The step setDefaults with step key Development_Workplace_SAPPress|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|setDefaults was executed with status ERROR.

This is occurring in more than a machine (hardware).

Can anyone help me what's going on ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have administrator rights in that system ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already posted a description with a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I discovered a solution by myself.

As an Administrator user, it's possible to me to edit the registry and search for the entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GbpSv.

So I select with the mouse, via right-click, in the pop-up menu, the "Permissions" option. I add myself as an user with Full control over that entry turning myself as its proprietary as well. It's important too, to give full permission to all user that may be assigned to that object. The same procedure must be applied for each similar entry which may prevent the installation. In any case, however. the system should not be reinitialized! After the installation completion, the reintialization is then allowed. The former status of the whole registry will be recovered.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its issue with hardware. Also do the installation with <sid>adm.

Have so fulfiled all the prerquisites before the instalaltion like JAVA_HOME parameters, swap space, virtual memory etc..

Rewards point if issue solve.

Regards,

Rohit Mehta