cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Remote Debug Sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a feeling that I know the answer but will ask anyway. Is there any way to set up WebAS so that more than one developer can have a remote debug session at the same time? All of the documentation that I have seen on http://help.sap.com implies that it is one debug session per Java instance. I would like to know if you can set up more than one simultaneous debug session on the same instance.

My guess is no since each developer needs a port to connect to. Is that true?

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member441228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As for a I know your guess is correct and the answer is 'no'. The reason is that the debug port is under control of the java vm, not the java application. And it looks like the vm closes the TCP listening port as soon as a single connection has been established. Only after the connection is closed, the vm reopens the listening port.

The problem is probably at the OS process level itself; if two remote debuggers took control over one process and one issued a stop while the other asks the process to continue then it's for both debuggers pretty undeterministic in what state the process is running now.

helmut

Answers (0)