cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating Image variants with image lookup fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the console reference guide you can find the following explanation on the use of Image variants:

"A variant defines the structure of the image but does not specify if the variant is actually required for a particular image.

Instead, each image lookup field in the repository has a Variants property that allows you to associate one or more variants with the image lookup field, and in so doing, identify which variants should be generated when an image is associated with that particular field.

For each variant, all the images associated with that variant will be generated according to the specifications of the variant and the crop/rotate settings stored for that image. MDM tracks the changes to the variant definitions, the variant associations, each image, and the crop/rotate settings for each image, and thus know when the variants need to be regenerated."

My question is the following:

Assuming that the definitions of the Image variants are made via the console and thus present in the Image variants table,...

Is it possible to change the Variant property of the image lookup field(s) in the main table through the Java API?

So that you could write a function that automatically associates specified Image variants with all the image lookup fields in the main table of a certain repository.

I hope somebody can help,

Joeri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever figure out your problem?

I'm trying to retrieve an image variant thru the API and always get the same error:

<i>Error retrieving image: hr=0x80004005, ImageID=58, VariantID=1</i>