cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Support Message from external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I would like to change the Create Support Message screen(Menu->Help->Create Support Message) and add three fields namely: Category, Subject and Solution Number because currently these fields are not populated in the Service desk if I create message in this way unlike in using NOTIF_CREATE tcode where there are selection fields for these.

Also, I'm creating the support message from an external SAP system and the messsage is sent to the Solution Manager system. The NOTIF_CREATE tcode does not exist in the external system as well as the whole package DSWP.

Please let me know you rthoughts on this.

Thanks

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your answers... But is it possible to call transaction NOTIF_CREATE from an external system?

I have done something already so that those 3 fields will be automatically populated for a message sent from an external system.

I changed the screen and called FM BAPI_NOTIFICATION_CREATE(a remote enabled FM which is the one being used by transaction NOTIF_CREATE to create a message) inside FM BCOS_SEND_MSG.

I populated the category, subject and solution in the FM export parameters as well as the solution number in the sap data table. I put a destination also..

This FM calls another FM DNO_OW_CREATE_NOTIFICATION which is the one being used from the external system but do not cater the functionality to send the 3 fields that we need.

As you will notice, there are lots of standard objects that I've changed. 😃

My problem now is that the system data sent is the same with the system data if you create the message using NOTIF_CREATE. Some system that were sent when a message is sent from an external system is missing but at least the sap system and client ID is sent. There is no external reference number also. But hopefullly, the users will accept it. Can't find any other solution to this.

Thanks,

Eric

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I would like to change the Create Support Message screen(Menu->Help->Create Support Message) and add three fields namely: Category, Subject and Solution Number because currently these fields are not populated in the Service desk if I create message in this way unlike in using NOTIF_CREATE tcode where there are selection fields for these.

The objects are in packet SFOS.

The problem will be, that it will be not sufficient to just add those fields on the screen in the satelite system but also in the corresponding tables and to make sure, the logic on the Solution Manager (postprocessing framework) will pick up those and deal appropriately.

We have had a likewise requirement in the past and we forgot about it because of the complexitiy that has to be dealt with in the SolMan.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there is no badi to enhance and add or modify the

help create option screen

A solution to your problem is call the Notif_create transaction of solution manager into your non-sap satellite system

and post the ticket

PLEASE REWARD POINTS IF IT HELPS