cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DriverManagerException: Unable to locate a suitable JDBC drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am getting this excpetion when i am trying to connect to PROGRESS db which uses a TYPE-2 driver to connect to the DB(progress).

Accessing database connection 'jdbc:JdbcProgress:T:156.5.31.65:2545:/mfgprodev/devbadb/devsche/i_apoext' failed: com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver to establish a connection to URL 'jdbc:JdbcProgress:T:156.5.31.65:2545:/mfgprodev/devbadb/devsche/i_apoext'#

Can you please solve my issue ASAP?

THanks,

SOorya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

After deployement Check whether you have given the right credentials. If you are very sure that you have given right credentials then your problem will be solved by restarting J2EE engine beacuse driver settings will be reflected after restarting server and this wil automatically refresh CACHE ALSO

steps to restart J2EE engine

1) run transaction SMICM

2) then in the tab administration => J2EE instance(local) =>send soft shutdown with restart

by this java engine will restart and will be up in 5-10 minutes and your problem will be solved

Thanks

sandeep sharma

PS ; if helpful kindly reward points

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

You have to deploy the required JDBC drivers for the database before making connection. Ask the database provider or your vendor for the divers. That should be deployed using SDM tool

Start visual admin of XI and select service "Deploy" and then select option "Deploy and start" to select file and deploy it

now here is the steps to deploy this module.

How to deploy adapter module in production

Three option available:

1. Using SDM

2. Using Visual Admin

3. Using NW development studio (Not available for Production)

We will use Visual Admin “Deploy” deploy service to deploy EAR file of adapter module.

Steps:

1. Goto VM->Deploy service

2. Select option “Deploy and start”

3. Select EAR file provided for deployment

4. Restart the service.

5. Done

follow this guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ffd890-0201-0010-708f-d5dad2df...

good luck

regards

Sandeep

If helpful kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sandeep,

I have done all the steps which you have mentioned here but still i am facing the problem.

Here are he details of my machine n DB,

DB : Progress 9.1D

port no : 2545

url is :jdbc:JdbcProgress:T:156.5.31.65:2545:/mfgprodev/devbadb/devsche/i_apoext

dirver Name : JdbcProgress

but still i am getting the problem like,

Accessing database connection 'jdbc:JdbcProgress:T:156.5.31.65:2545:/mfgprodev/devbadb/devsche/i_apoext' failed: com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver to establish a connection to URL 'jdbc:JdbcProgress:T:156.5.31.65:2545:/mfgprodev/devbadb/devsche/i_apoext'

Can you please find the solution for this as we are running of the time.

Thanks,

Soorya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure about the driver name ? Usually, it should look like a class name, ie com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgressDriver ?

Hope this helps

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgressDriver is the Driver which i used at myside. still i am facing same problem.

Urs,

Soorya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soorya,

So, in the JDBC adapter settings, you've used "com.progress.sql.jdbc.JdbcProgressDriver" for its class name (or driver name, I can't remember exactly) ? Did you deploy it using the document available from SAP (I think its name is "how to deploy external JDBC drivers in XI adapter) ?

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i have done all the steps which are mentioned in that document which is provided. BUt still i am facing the problem. Here is the latest trace which i got,

" Accessing database connection 'jdbc:jdbcprogress:T:156.5.31.65:2545:/mfgprodev/devbadb/devsche/i_apoext' failed: com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver to establish a connection to URL 'jdbc:jdbcprogress:T:156.5.31.65:2545:/mfgprodev/devbadb/devsche/i_apoext'#"

I have few doubts about this like,

Is the URL which i am using is correct or not?

Is the port no. which i am using is fine or not?

Is the DB name is correct which i had mentioned in the URL?

Thanks,

Soorya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soorya,

"Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver" is explicit, XI is not able to find the classes for your driver name, so maybe a JAR or a class is missing ...

Can you have a look at the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda content ? Because I do not know Progress JDBC drivers content and structure, I can't tell you what you should expect to see in this file ... Does it need any DLL files, besides JARs ?

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

As you said like,

Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver" is explicit, XI is not able to find the classes for your driver name, so maybe a JAR or a class is missing ...

Can you have a look at the aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda content ?

I have gone through the content of the SDA where i can see this,

folders : server,META-INF, all the required jars like,

jdbc.jar, progress.jar,messages.jar,ojdbc14.

Inside serve folder i have provider.xml

Inside META-INF i have all .MF extension files.

As progress DB is a Type-2 driver which is partly native and partly java so they must use some DLL files for the requirement which they did successfully but still we are facing the problem.

Can you please provide a quick solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Soorya

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to deploy the required JDBC drivers for the database you are trying to connect to. Ask the database provider for the divers. They should be provided by them and you basis team should deploy them on the XI server using the SDM tool.

VJ