cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change installation folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install the NetWeaver Preview version on a computer using Windows 2000 server Edition. Unfortunately, my C:/ partition is only 4GB big with only 160MB free disk space. I have other drives with sufficient free space available, but I cannot find a way to tell the installation procedure to create the installation folder on another drive, apparently that is only possible for MaxDB related files, so the installation fails due to missing file space.

Is there a way to start the installation process with a property telling it to install on another drive?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't think so. I believe that you can with the full version, but I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that you can do that with the Sneak Preview version.

Welcome to SDN!!!!

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx Rich,

I think I solved the problem using OS specific methods. I mounted one of my other hard drives on the folder C:/usr, so now no space on C:/ is used. Still I need to get some space for the temp files on C:/, but that should not be a problem.

greetings

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis,

I have the same problem, C: drive does not have enough space but I have several drives attached to the computer.

Can you tell me how you resolved this problem ? How did you "mount" it on the OS level ?

Thanks.

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To change the installation folder see

Answers (0)