cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoID reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

each table in my repository can have a autoID field. When you add a new record the "counter" just increments die autoID. Is there a chance to reset this "counter". Is there a chance to influence the AutoID by saying "start with 1000 and end with 500000" ?

Thank you for help

Nico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

you can define a second fiels, which (is a calculated one). In its calculation formula it refers to the auto-id field + your own defined condition.

Regards Klaus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For testing purposes, I think you could delete the field and add it back. That should cause it to begin incrementing at 1 again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

thank you. But there is no way to reset this counter manually?

E.g. I have a repository where I imported a few times records. Now I deleted all the files and imported new ones again. These new records do not start with AutoID 1 but with something above 120000. Just because the internal counter is still not reseted(informed).

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks for help

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

You actually can not reset the AutoID counter.

However there are work around for this.

One way to do this is replace the existing record instead of creating it again (assuming you are importing it using Import Manager).

Worst action some one can think is to modify the repository it self (remove and add auto id field)! But you can guess the risk factors in that.

Both option works.