cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP15 - Any particular series of Tests to be conducted ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our BASIS team has implemented SP15 in a sandbox environment, with a view to test the functions and check everything is fine, before applying onto the main instance.

From a Functional standpoint, what are the tests you may recommend (e.g. checking Work Centres) to be carried out before concluding that SP15 is stable for Production system as well.

Any suggestions/ ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem with the approach is, that no systems are connected and thus it's almost impossible to really validate something.

You can certainly execute the work centers but without data and connected systems you won't be able to test the functionalit.y

SolMan has no "two system" landscape strategy. You could temporarily connect test/other sandbox systems but to see if it works completely, you won't come around of applying it onto the "production" one. Take a backup/snapshot before the upgrade and see what happens.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Many thanks for your time and reply.

I forgot to inform in my earlier post that this Sandbox SolMan has a few basic Logical Components connected to it - sandbox systems of a few satellite systems. But yes, you are right - it may still not be able to provide a final view.

My main questions was:

What additional functionality exists that may warrant a look? - do I follow some Release Notes?

As regards your suggestion for back up, yes that's really important.

Best regards,

Srini

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My main questions was:

> What additional functionality exists that may warrant a look? - do I follow some Release Notes?

The workcenters were the main "news" in SP15, there may be some (or many) fixes to already existing programs (CHarM - if you use it).

Another thing - if you use it - would be E2E diagnostics to be checked.

Markus

Answers (0)