cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST01 Trace Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm doing authorizations testing in ST01 using a dummy id. I was very specific as to which user I should only be testing so I goto Edit->Filter->Shared and enter my dummy id. Then I goto Edit->File->New File and enter a different trace file number for my testing purposes. After I started my trace, I checked my trace file but it's missing. I restarted tracing again and same thing is happening. My tracefile is missing. So I decided to use whatever tracefiles were available and redid my trace. It seems that my trace was not recorded. The existing trace file still had the same timestamp to it and no new entries were added to it.

I'm using 4.6C. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JBL,

Okay here's what I followed as per your instructions :

1) Execute ST01

2) Edit -> Filter -> Shared -> Input user as <SomeUserName>

3) Edit -> File -> New file -> Select something from the searh help (e.g. Trace S )

4) Now perform some activity on the system

5) In ST01 -> Trace OFF

6) No such file called TraceS... generated.

The above does not work, but the following will work :

After point 3) above, do the following :

Check the box of the option you want to be traced under Trace components

e.g. Authorization check

Then click on 'Change Trace'

Now perform some activity on r/3 and then turn the trace off. You will see the new file created and also the activity in the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sneh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sneh, I did do all the steps that you suggested prior to posting my question here. And that's just it, my trace file wasn't created.

And you know what, there was this one occassion when I used an existing trace file for my trace. I did several traces and I found out that although the timestamp was different (such as I did my trace today but the file had yesterday's date and time), it actually contained a record of my trace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The various times represents the clocks on various servers. I always open up time frame on either side of actual trace to allow for this. - RR