cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change business partner for purchasing organization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

The scenario;

Originally the purchasing organization PURORG1 assigned to business partner BP1 (transaction PPOSA_BBP).

There are many internal address address created for this PURORG1 (which attach to BP1).

After sometime we found all the internal address is missing from the purchasing orgnanization PURORG1. Then we found out that now the PURORG1 is attached to business partner BP2. From the table level I could see the old address is attached to BP1.

My queries are.

1) Can we find out who change the assignment of the BP and purchasing org?

2) How can we remap again the old business partner BP1 to PURORG1?

3) or is the any way to remap all the old address from BP1 to the new business partner BP2?

Please help me to sort this out.

many thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, very useful. But I have one more question. When I go in to the transaction in change mode and move the BP relation, system prompt below message.

"Relationship O B 207 BP cannot be maintained using basic transaction".

The screen automatically change to display mode. Only happen for BP relation. Any idea?

Many thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. That is odd, I thought it was set up as standard on all current versions. What version of SRM are you on?

Anyway, you can maintain it, you will have to do a little config first though.

Go to SM30 in your config client and table T777I.

Find the infotype you want to maintain and select it, then double click "Infotypes per object type". Then remove the "no maintenance" flag against the objects you want to maintain, then save.

When you save this you will have to transport it.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI. Sorry, please ignore my previous post. It does say that the 1 relationship is not editable in our system as well.

I can not find any way of editing the relationship, sorry.

What you can do is re-create all the addresses using transaction BP.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. If you go to transaction PP01 or PO10 and put in the org unit number of the purchase org then press enter and select "relationships" then display you will be able to see the relationship between the org unit and the BP.

You might have to scroll through records using the left and right buttons at the top of the screen until you find the "B 207" relationship to the BP.

Once you have found this relationship you can press the "change information" button and it will show you who last changed it and when.

Then you can go back one screen and press the change button, then find the relationship again and change the BP to any you want.

Be careful though, make sure you do not change any other relationships in here.

If anything does go wrong after you change it you can change the BP back again to get things working.

Regards,

Dave.