cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using .Net as a presentation layer to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone used a .Net presentation layer in front of ISA or CRM. I know that ISA and CRM have a number of business objects that I would like to connect to, but I am not sure how to do that.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how I can leverage the business logic within SAP application and also leverage an existing front end?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tom and all contributors of the thread,

the idea of the front end should not be dealt at on the system level

it is more meaningful when applied to a particular process / transaction

the methodology of building your own front end is to increase user efficiency and to integrate into other systems, it should give you a benefit for all the effort

front ends can be build on any system using rfc's or web services, also idocs and other interfaces

connecting to CRM is no different to connecting to a regular r3 application server, or BW

they all expose BAPI's / RFC's which can be consumed in the same standard way

and all usual methodologies apply

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You use .NET connector and call RFC's in the CRM system.

We use C# for a Windows UI in front of 4.6C and are developing a custom website in front of CRM 4.0.

Thanks,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you come across any major difficulties while using .NET as front end.

Would you recommend SAP solutions like WebDynpro or BSP for front end, could you please direct me to a pros and cons of using SAP solutions Vs .NET.

We have SAP CRM 4.0 currently and are using the 6.2 version.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The con is development and maintenance of all the code vs. modifying a prebuilt SAP UI. There are some quirks accessing SAP via connectors (.NET, Dynpro?) that you wouldn't experience if using BSP with direct access to ABAP objects.

For CRM we are investigating PCUI and IC. Any new development from us would probably be WebDynpro.

I prefer .NET based on the developer tools (Visual Studio) and personal experience with C#. With .NET, you also have the option of writing a Web-based UI or a Windows forms application.

The best approach is to create a small prototype application with each viable technology then choose based on ease of development, infrastructure, and end user acceptance.

Hope that helps,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

We am seriously looking into putting a ASP .Net front-end on our SAP CRM 4.0 system and I am "very" interested in how your project is going where you are doing the same?

-Are you calling BAPIs?

-What CRM functionality are you using?

Activities? Contacts? Customers? Opportunities?

-How are you handling security?

-Is front-ending CRM with ASP .Net basically the same concept as front-ending R/3 with ASP .Net?

-How did you figure out the applicable BAPIS to call?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim:

Did you implement .Net frontend for CRM? If so how was your experience, lessons learnt?

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

Did you implemented yet. I am also looking for the similar kind of senario. Can you please help me with your experience.

Regards,

Kasthuri Rangan Srinivasan.