Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading SAP Business workplace email inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement where I want to write a ABAP program which can read a specified users (my own) inbox and return all unread email headings and message content. I then want to process the message content that I receive back. I believe the tables I want to read are SOOD and SOFM? Not sure about this. I need to read the object numbers and somehow link them together if that is the case.

Has anyone been successful in doing this? If so can you provide examples? I also think maybe I need to use the FM SO_OBJECT_READ?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a same request at our client I used the following FM SO_INBOX_COUNTER_READ

And it's working fine,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the link,may be helpful to you.

Regards,

Raj.

0 Kudos

The link does not provide examples or how they selected from SOOD or SOFM. To the above poster that function only counts the emails in the inbox. It does not return any contents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found I needed to use SO_USER_READ_API1 to get the user ID

I then needed to use SO_FOLDER_READ_API1 to get the folder ID for the inbox

I then used SO_OBJECT_READ to read the contents of the mail with the object ID retrieved from previous function. Answered by myself.