cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP transfer very Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a scenario, where file is picked up and ftping it to another location on the same server. First when I was told about really felt weird. As moving the file to another location on the same server - and using FTP for this did not sound normal. I am not sure if I am correct or not. Please correct me if I am wrong

Another thing, is that the FTP transfer is very slow, for the first couple of messages it is really good.

But later it becomes slow.

I am thinking that as we are using the same port 21 for the transfer and more over on the same server, the port is not free and so the transfer is very slow.

Can some body suggest something on this.

reg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

When you are trying FTP the file are you using message mapping? If you scenario requires the who file transfer without any file content conversion and mapping changes. Then you can do a direct file transfer just by creating a scenario in integration directory without any development integration repository.

Also, you should consider the option of using a script to move the file from one location to another location if it just a file transfer.

Thanks,

Manohar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone please answer this question

reg