Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery lead time in Sales Order--URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP GURUS,

How the Delivery lead time works in Sales Order i.e

"From the time a confirmed Sales order is punched till the time we have delivered the material"

How to confgure to use effectively

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create sales order, system automatically proposes data based on configuration settings.

1. Check the schedule line proposed by system in sales order. Let's say CP. Go to transaction VOV6 and see if availability check is checked.

2. Check the requirement type proposed by system in sales order. Let's say 041. Go to transaction OVZH and see what requirement class has been assigned to it. Let' say 041.

3. Go to transaction OVZG and see if availability check has been checked for this requirement class 041.

4. Check the shipping point proposed by system in sales order.

Go to transaction OVLZ and check Loading time & pick pack time maintained there for this shipping point. If there is nothing let's say we have 24 hours and 24 hours respectively.

5. Check the route proposed by system in sales order. Let's say route selected is 000003. Go to transaction 0VTC and see Transit duration & Transportation lead times maintained there. Let's say timings maintained are 2 days and 1 days respectively.

Now let's say a customer calls and says he wants a material delivered on Apr 25. Now what the system does is that it does backward scheduling. i.e. it goes backward from delivery date i.e. 25th April. It reduces 3 days for transit time, reduces time taken for loading time, reduces days taken for arranging transport, reduces time taken for pick pack. After calculation it arrives at date Apr 21. Now it checks whether material is available on this date i.e. Apr 21.

If material is available, it confirms delivery date.

Otherwise, if material is not available on Apr 21, it determines date on which material is available. Let's say material is available on Apr 23. Now, system immediately carries out forward scheduling. So it starts calculating from Apr 23 and adds time and dates maintained for picking & packing; transportation lead time, loading time and transit time.

Also note that system takes into account factory holidays, factory timings when it is calculating above. If factory works 24 hours and is closed on Saturday & Sunday, system arrives at date Apr 30. It now confirms delivery date as Apr 30 to customer.

I have given a simple example. There are many other aspects you can configure on scheduling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Kamesh,

I get the clear picture of ur example and 1 more doudt in ur replay is

? how system or how we chk the stock is available or not on particular future date and in ur answer i.e April 21st.

please clarify me

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating sales order, the system does background checks to see whether material is available based on configuration settings.

Configuration settings are done at IMG->SD->BF->Availibility check and transfer of requirements.

ATP (Available to promise) is the process of checking the available quantities of a material. ATP quantity is equal to plant stock plus the planned receipts (Incoming stock) minus the planned issues (Outgoing stock). ATP takes into account all movements into and out of the plant. In transaction OVZ9, you define checking rules for availability check. Basically you are telling system what stock to take into account to determine whether material is available.

In brief, system does all checks to determine whether material is available.

Go to transactions

- MD04 to check availability of stock in plant.

- MMBE to check total stock by company code, plant, storage location

- CO09 to check stock on hand

You can also check stock of material while creating sales order by clicking availability check button at bottom of screen.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to add one more point.

In case system determines there is no stock of material, it takes MRP settings from Material Master to determine when stock would be available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In spro-Logistics exectuion-Trasnportation-Basic Transporation funtioncs-Routs-define routes and stages..

Here u can configrue these values..

Regards

Sankar

Edited by: sankar sankar on Apr 17, 2008 11:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u are defining shipping poing in enterprise structure, there u can assign values to pick time, pack time...

Spro-Enterprise structure-Definition -Logisticsexecutio- define shipping pint.. Here u can configrue this..

Regards

Sankar

Edited by: sankar sankar on Apr 17, 2008 11:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain transit time & transportation lead time in route ok good

but how we can see/view / , where exactly we r defining in Route

very urgent

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Shipping point and Route.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Route, where we define , how we chk / view/ define/configurer

pls can i get correct path/tcode to look into this

Very urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about Scheduling? If yes, then this may answer your question

- The customer specifies a delivery date on the schedule line of the sales order

- The business checks whether the requested quantity can be delivered on the requested delivery date.

- When you create an order, the system can determine the required material availability date based on the delivery date requested by the customer. The goods to be delivered must be available for shipping at this point in time.

- Scheduling takes into account the following times:

• Transit time: Time required in order to ship a delivery to the ship-to party

• Loading time: Time required for loading the goods

• Pick/pack time: Time required for picking, packing

• Transportation lead time: Time required for organizing the transportation

- Next, the system performs backward scheduling in the order. If the result is a date in the past, the system automatically performs forward scheduling, which requires the confirmation of a new requested delivery date. The same happens if the material is not available by the material availability date.

For this to happen, you should ensure

- availability check is switched on at the requirements class level as well as for each schedule line category.

- maintain transit time & transportation lead time in route

- maintain loading time & picking time in shipping point

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all for giving all valuable inputs but i reqd 1 more clarity in the below

For this to happen, you should ensure

availability check is switched on at the requirements class level as well as for each schedule line category::::-> can u give the path or tcode to chk/define this settings

maintain transit time & transportation lead time in route ::::-> can u give the path or tcode to chk/define this settings

maintain loading time & picking time in shipping point ::::-> can u give the path or tcode to chk/define this settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transit time: Time required in order to ship a delivery to the ship-to party

Loading time: Time required for loading the goods

Pick/pack time: Time required for picking, packing

Transportation lead time: Time required for organizing the transportation

the above 4 elements , where we define / configure

how it wrorks

any doc pls give

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a report or Querry for the same.

Try joining VBAK, VBAP, LIKP and LIPS tables.

take sales order number, confirmed quantity and document date from VBAK and VBAP tables and populate accordingly Actual PGI date and planned PGI date from LIKP and LIPS table. You can also take BKPF and BSEG if required.

From this you will be able to find the time required between punching the sales order for confimed quantity and delivery to the customer. You can also get deviation if actual PGI date and Planning PGI date are different.

Regards

Prashant Ranalkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delivery lead time is calculation dependent on material availability date,lead time in days, loading date, goods issue date, delivery date , in this it will depend. This things comes from material master of field in house production. and depending on that you will actual delivery date and confirm delivery date.

If you feel this answer solve your query please reward me

Thanks & Regards

rack29

Former Member
0 Kudos