cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR1 with Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me whether it is possible to use Oracle database with SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 1. If yes, please tell me the way. I need to do a fresh installation of SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR1 as well as Oracle database. Looking for some quick response.

Thanks in advance,

Ganpati Jha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganpathi,

Yes its 100% possible to do the NW04s Installation with Oracle database.Please refer the Planning/Installation guides from https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/instguides ->Installation & Upgrade Guides->SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s)->Installation->Installation - SAP NetWeaver Systems ->SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2 - Installation Guides ->Oracle and select your operating system.No other guides will be better than this.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheriyan Sam,

I found installation guides for SR2 and SR3, but not for SR1. Can you please tell me whether installation guide for SR2 and SR1 is same or there is a separate installation guide for SR1.

Thanks in advance,

Ganpati Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganpati,

The installation procedure remains same for all the SR release,but only thing you have check for the SAP notes,please refer the below notes for the same

919106 SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR1 Installation on Windows: Oracle

921594 Inst. SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) SR1 - UNIX:Oracle

Select the one depends on your OS.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response. I'll just check that. I'm having one more doubt. I want to install EP. What all installations should be done in the process of installing EP. Can you please explain the process step-by-step. Which all CDs will be required for these installations.

Thanks in advance,

Ganpati Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one please tell me how will I install NW 2004s with Oracle 10.2. When I am trying to install it, it is just allowing me to choose database among two (MaxDB and MS SQL Server), but not Oracle. Please tell me the way by which I can make this installation with Oracle 10.2. Helpful answer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ganpati Jha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi,

Download the media.

Install WebAS Java.

Installa portal platform.

Your EP is done.

You may add additional components if required.

go to service market place -> downloads ->isntallation and upgrade -> installation guides.

choose netweaver -> netweaver 04. You will find isntallation guides and they list all that is required.

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can go through with this link

and find requird infomation.

Thanks

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI