Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Creating Lookup:Internal Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

While trying to import a record i am getting following Error

"Error Creating Lookup" Internal Error...

CAn anyone figure out what could be the Issue??

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I tried the entire scenario and able to draw the following conclusion:

Source File

Material[key] Location[Non-qualifier] MRPType[qualifier]

100 A PQ

200 B WX

300 C TY

Repository

Material[key] Location[Non-qualifier] MRPType[qualifier]

100 A PQ

4000 B WX

5000 D TY

In the above example say Location is the Lookup[Flat] field present in the repository with values A,B,D .When you will import the records first time you will map the values of Location field of the source file as A -> A, B -> B and D you will Add in the repository.

Now if you run the same map again in the same session you will get an error msg that you have stated.

Just save the map and open the new session of import manager then you will not face this type of problem

Kindly reward if found useful

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your reply....I tried it the way u said ...it worked for 1 lookup field but not for the qualifieer ones..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Could you please expalin the problem that you are facing in more detailed so that we can find the exact solution.

As per my observation whenever you are adding new lookup values via Value Mapping you can successfully import all the values mapped without any error.Now save this map and close the session.Open the session again and if there exists new values in your Lookup then repeat the same procedure else you should not get any error while importing.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had raised this issue with SAP ...Actually the issue was wih field size .. I was trying to import field having chracter lenght more that 10 ..while the field had chracter lenght 10..I changed it to 50 and its working now...

Thanks a lot to everyone ..

I have rewarded points to Jitesh.Nitin,Simona..

Thanks once again

Cheers

Vikrant...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had raised this issue with SAP ...Actually the issue was wih field size .. I was trying to import field having chracter lenght more that 10 ..while the field had chracter lenght 10..I changed it to 50 and its working now...

Thanks a lot to everyone ..

I have rewarded points to Jitesh.Nitin,Ramona..

Thanks once again

Cheers

Vikrant...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Check out on the following points to track the cause of your error:

- Your Qualified table design has not been strored properly,Check to see whether your linking field is pointing to the qualified table correctly,the fields inside the lookup are careted properly anda ssigned as qualifier and non qualifiers.

If you are using an older vs of MDM sp03 or sp04 then the Code of the field is responsible for linking if you have not given similra code for the linking field and the field inside the lookup then it could be this is the cause of the internal error.

- You need to import the qualified table before importing your main table.POpulating the qualified table faterwards is also possible but not recommented.

- Try deleting any entries from qualified table and reimport fresh.

- While doing main table mapping please note that you need to map all the qualified table fields again in the main table mapping then you will be able to create a compound field.

Hope it helped

if not elaborate more on your design and may be we can help

Kindly reward points if found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Can you please explain your query in more detail like

1. Type of Import file you are using

2. Your Lookup field type

3. Some sample data etc

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh ,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I am importing XML file.

2. Whenever i map lookup field (of Qualified table and map qualifier as well as non qualifier) and try to import it Import manager gives the error "Error creating Lookup"Internal error

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

As you told that you are trying to import and XMl file and looking at your error these are my observations:

1. I think you should first separately populate data into the qualiifer Table.

2. Then use the XMl to populate the Main table Dtaa.

Since you are trying to import data into both the tables together you are probably getting this error.

Also check whether your XML file format is correct or not.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain