cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE 5.2 - Allow user to access INFORMWER tab but not CONFIG tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to define a user in UME so that they can login to AE and receive the ACCESS ENFORCER and INFORMER tabs but not the CONFIG tab?

If I assign the role AEADMIN to a user in UME, that user will have access to all the tabs;

If I assign the AEAPPROVER role, that user only will have access to the ACCESS ENFORCER tab;

I may want to have some AEAPPROVER's to also have access to the INFORMER reporting functions but keep them out of the CONFIG;

Is this possible?

Thanks

Jerry Synoga

630-758-2021

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By defining a new role (e.g.. AEInformer) and copying the "Actions" from the AEADMIN role (with some removals), I was able to provide to our AEAPPROVERS the reporting functions of AE, limiting it to VIEW only

Thanks for the feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jerry,

When we implemented AE, we wanted everyone to be able to see selected reports on the Informer tab. I created a role called "AEInformer" in the UME and assigned it these actions:

ViewInformer

ViewIFChartServiceLevelAction

ViewIFChartAccessRequestAction

ViewIFRequestRoleOwnerAction

ViewIFChartProvisioningAction

ViewIFRoleOwnerAction

ViewIfReportViewAction

You can add any of the other "ViewIF..." roles if you want more reports visible.

I then assigned this role to everyone who had the AEApprover role in the UME. I use the "Everyone" group from LDAP, since we do not want to manage the access for requesting or approving.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Handlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the good information. Once I defined the new AEINformer role and assign the various "actions" I then assigned this role to the individual users (those with the AEAPPROVER role)

When those users "login" they normally would see the Request Access tab and nothing else; will this change show them the INFORMER tab and identify available reports based on the actions assigned?

I am thinking that is what I would expect and when I added this new AEInformer role to myself (AEADMIN) I did not see anything new as far as reporting goes.

Am I expecting the wrong results here or am I still missing something? I created a userid to test with and assigned the AEAPPROVER role and the AEInformer role but that user does not show the INFORMER tab when they log in.

Does this role need to be assigned to a "group" also?

Thanks for any additional info

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson,Inc.

630-758-2021

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

try copying AEAdmin and removing - amongst other things - the action "ViewConfiguration"

for the Informer role: make sure you have the action "ViewInformer" in there.

If it still doesn't work, please export the role you created and post the result here.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Actually, that was exactly the approach I was starting to take.

That worked out fine and I now have what I expected.

Thanks for the suggestion

Jerry