Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Module for PGP Encryption

ADIDAS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement that we need to send the data of a File encrypted by PGP. We want to avoid doing the encryption using a Script as it doesnt provide a lot of tracebility.

We decided on creating an Adapter Module and calling it in th FTP adapter. I have already gone through the How to docs for creation of adapter module.

I am looking from help from anyone has created any module for PGP encryption. Where we get the jar files for encryption and how we use them in the module in steps..

Thanks in Advamce,

Arunava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create the jar like we did for axis..you will be faced with the additional issue of having to get it certified..as else its wont be risked on business critical production systems.......there are several vendors who have these jars..cheapest and pretty good on quality is aedaptive..........

you can create your own jars..and use maverick ..jars in your project...

Hope that helps..

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few questions to ask before i can provide you with the solution for this. We need to know what is the software that you are using for encryption, are you using APIs or using PGP software installed on the server and calling the executables to encrypt the file from the module?

If you are using standard APIs it would be easier for traceability. There are standard code that is available which you can leverage for this purpose.

Incase you are using PGP software some points to remember. You need to install the PGP software on the PI / XI server by logging in using SAPSERVICE<SID> username and password. If you install the software using SAPSERVICEADM it would not work. When you install it it creates folders and path for the software for that user. Infact when the server is running and the interfaces are working it would use the sapservice<SID>.

For my current customer we have created a module to achieve the encryption / decryption of files. We have basically 5 parameters (this is according to the reqmt at our client end).

Parameter 1: Operation: Values: Encryption / Decryption

Parameter 2: username: Value: username which you want to pass (name of the vendor or the user code of the vendor).

Parameter 3: Sign Value: Sign value(Some vendors want their files to be signed).

Parameter 4: Armor: Value: Same as 4 (Another option commonly used).

Parameter 5: Log: Value: Y / N (Used for logging of messages for identifying problems in communication channel monitoring).

Generate the PGP command depending on the values passed. (You can get the list of PGP commands from the software you are using or from the website (http://www.dsj.net/pgp/pgphelp.html).

Trap all the error codes from the execution and raise exception so that the adapter errors out too.

Let me know if you require any help regarding the same.

Regards,

Indranil

Award Points if it was helpful.

ADIDAS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indranil,

Thanks for the Reply.

We are planning to use APIs. You mentioned of some standard code availbale for this.

Can you point me to the urls or send me those docs.Where can I get the Java APIs to use them. And the steps of using them. Will it be the same as in the How to Document for creating Adapter Module.

Regards,

Arunava