Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurations to post 850 from Business partner to our SAP system

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Guys

i m doing a EDI 850 to IDOC scenario and need to send Functional acknowledgment back to the business partner.

The business partner sends us the Purchase order via VAN ,we do the message mapping within XI and then post it to our SAP R/3 system as ORDERS05.

so this scenario is a simple 850->XI->ORDERS05.

so i configured a Seeburger FTP sender adapter,gave the mapping name under modules tab ,configured a received IDOC adapter and posted the message to SAP R/3 system.

Now the issue is in sending the acknowledgement 997 back to the business partner.

My questions are:

1)How will the acknowledgement be triggered,is it automatically triggered or we need to do something with IDOC STATUS.SYSTAT01?

2)How will i configure my adapters to send the acknowledgement back to the Business partner.i guess i need to use split997,will it be configured as sender or receiver?

Thanx

Saif

Pl:I have gone through all the links on seeburger.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saif,

I am a fresher working in XI. I am given the same scenario as you are doing... It would be great if you could give me your contact number or e-mail id....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

if you have to do a functional ack. This is a standard functionality available in Seeburger.

If you see your sender communication channel ther will be modules ....like

Classifer-> BIC>Spliter--->CallAdapter

the BIC will do the Main mapping (for the fun. ack. 997) and child mapping ( for your PO) and post two messages into XI server.

You can map the main mapping payload and send it back to the business partner as a functional acknowledgement (997)

if you are refering to Orders Ack. ie, the ack. of successfully posted Orders in the backend.

You have to trigger an outbound ORDERSP onces the inbound ORDERS05 idoc posted by maintaing the proper Out put types .

Map this outbound ORDERS idoc to EDI 855 structures and send it to the VAN of business partner.

Regards,

Sunil.

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx Sunil

This is exactly i was looking for.

one more small question,suppose we don't need to send back functional ack(997) back to Business partner but we need to send the acknowledgment from SAP system via IDOC ORDERSP so in that case i can just configure classifier->bic->call sap adapter ,there is no need of splitter module in this case,right?

Thanx

Saif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

First of all I am not sure ....because i have never tried without splitter module

if you are not using the splitter you will receive the some three payload messages

1. of Ansi_X12 (application/xml)

2. classifer details (application xml)

3. See_****850......(text/xml)

but i am not aware how to bring the third message into your mapping..:)

do give a try ...

tell us too know if its work for you.

Regards,

Sunil.

Edited by: Sunil John on Apr 18, 2008 12:04 AM