cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Career Advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am seeking a career as a SAP Enterprise Architect and so would like to ask few questions about it.

1) What is the best qualification or prerequisite for doing this course?

I am asking the above question because i dont have any MBA Degree or Programming experience. Would i need to have any programming experience like ABAP or JAVA.

2) Which is the best training center for this in Hyderabad area?

3) Where do i find the documentation very specific to Enterprise SOA Architect role?

Please Advise.

Thank You,

Ajay C Indukuru

(ajaychandrareddi at hotmail.com)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MendelKoerts
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm not sure whether you have the right perception of this role. It is not really a role you can just do a course for. Have a look at TOGAF (to learn what EA is about. TOGAF does not take SOA into account just yet, for that have a look at Capgemini's EA/SA framework. After that, enroll for the SOA200 course at SAP, which leads to Associate Level certification. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mendel,

I truly appreciate your response. Thank you very much. I would like to know if i need to have any knowledge functionally or technically before i could start working on this. Can you please explain how to start on this little bit more.

Thank You,

Ajay C Indukuru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between SAP Enterprise SOA and SAP's other modules like FICO, HR and so on when it is said about working in a client place.

What would be the basic responsibilities. How do we work on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The SAP modules like FI/CO, HR etc that you are referring to are part of SAP's flagship product SAP ERP (formerly R/3) which accounts for the majority of SAP's business. I would read up on [ERP systems|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_resource_planning] to learn more about this and the idea of what exactly ERP is in general.

SAP's eSOA (Enterprise Service Oriented Architecture) is SAP's take on [SOA|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture] using their [Netweaver|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetWeaver] technology as the enabler. Since SOA is getting very popular many people see this as the next wave of big IT work to come (similar to ERP in the mid-late nineties).

Being an [Enterprise Architect|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_architect] requires a lot of work experience in implementing large scale business software solutions for a wide variety of customers. You can't simply take a course and become an Enterprise Architect, as that would like saying "What course do I take to become CEO of Microsoft?". It's a combination of both training and experience, with most of the weight being on experience.

Since you sound like somebody with little or no experience in IT I would suggest reading all the links I just gave in this article to start, and if you are still interested in becoming an Enterprise Architect you can enroll in your nearest university and begin by taking your Bachelors degree in IT/ Business. Being an Enterprise Architect requires you to have an open mind about your solutions and a deep understanding of business processes, and this isn't something you can just learn from a simple training course that SAP provides. You need to first learn the basics of business and IT and after you start working you'll have a much better understanding of what your career path needs to be.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

L

MendelKoerts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ajay,

I fully agree with mysterious L from Canada. Experience in various types of roles is essential to develop a holistic view across the many aspects of an Enterprise. Capgemini sees 8+ years of experience as an entry level for any kind of architect. To becaome a SAP Enterprise or Solution Architect, try to touch on as many topics as possible during your projects (but do them well of course), like software development or customizing, get an understanding of all secundairy business processes, select one or two industry segments you like and learn more about those, touch on infrastructure, a bit on Security, a bit on Governance, lead a team. That will get you there.

Mendel

Answers (0)