Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Z tcode into the menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a senario where in I have add a Z tcode to a role but some of the auth objects related to that Z tcode are not being pulled into pfcg and due to that I am adding those objects manually into pfcg.

As far as I know the objects need to be pulled automatically into pfcg, can anybody explain me in detail.

Regards

Rakesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to update the values in tcode SU24. When you run it, put in the Z tcode and then add in the auth objects and even values that you have already identified. Once you have done this, you can update the roles that have this Z tcode by going into PFCG and select authorizations tab and expert mode and select merge with new data. When go into the authorizations, you will see the auth object as "new" and the one you added manually as "manual". You can remove the manual one.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to update the values in tcode SU24. When you run it, put in the Z tcode and then add in the auth objects and even values that you have already identified. Once you have done this, you can update the roles that have this Z tcode by going into PFCG and select authorizations tab and expert mode and select merge with new data. When go into the authorizations, you will see the auth object as "new" and the one you added manually as "manual". You can remove the manual one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. time you must check your Z t-code together with your ABAP : is the authority check is already set ?This authority check contains authorization objects to be checked first before executing that t.code

2. if point no.1 is OK, try to add that Z-tcode to a blank role, review again if authorization object you have defined has been brought directly to that role. if not, ask your ABAP to fix their codes about authority check to be performed.

we have been experienced in this case, since we have more than 500 Z tcodes to meet business process need, and so far this is OK.

rgds,

alfonsus guritno

0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right!!! Authority check was not active for the z tcode which I added and hence had to add the related object and the default auth values.

Thank you both for the replies.

Rakesh