Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug a webservice (ABAP) to figure out a XML Serialization Error

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a weird problem here.

If I call the end point of ma webservice I created (a Function module), it works, I get results. If I call it from the TEST environment (WEBSERVICES Navigator). If gives me this error:

XML Serialization Error. Object content does not correspond to Schema restrictions of type [urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions][numeric8].

How can I debug or figure out what is really happening? I checked the CIM trace files, but even with trace level at 3, nothing is stored there...

Any help is greately appreciated.

Leonardo De Araujo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your test data are not valid.

Check, which data you have to provide and fill the test data correctly.

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right.

Now, on another topic, if I get an error (500) Internal Server Error...

How can I find the details of it (log or etc)?

There is no ABAP DUMP or even SM21 log entries...

For me (500) Internal Server Error means nothing.

Thanks

Leonardo

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the response message of the web service should be the information of the error.

Stefan

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the message The caller program got:

System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type text/html of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '

SAP Web Application Server

Help

<td background="http://eszsansrv008.esz.xstrata.int:8'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factory, WebException responseException) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at SAP.HR.Business.Enterprise.ZMAT_WS_HR_INTERFACE.ZMAT_WS_HR_INTERFACE.ZMatHrUpdateTimeSheet(ZMatHrUpdateTimeSheetRequest request) at SAP.HR.Business.Enterprise.ZMAT_WS_HR_INTERFACE.ZMAT_WS_HR_INTERFACEClient.Enterprise_ZMAT_WS_HR_INTERFACE_ZMAT_WS_HR_INTERFACE_ZMatHrUpdateTimeSheet(ZMatHrUpdateTimeSheetRequest request) in C:\TeamFoundation2008\Source\(Zinc.MG) SAP Interfaces\SAP Communication Bridge\SAP.HR.Business\Service References\Enterprise.ZMAT_WS_HR_INTERFACE\Reference.vb:line 2509 at SAP.HR.Business.I020SimsHoursAndPremiumProcessor.ProcessSIMSData() in C:\TeamFoundation2008\Source\(Zinc.MG) SAP Interfaces\SAP Communication Bridge\SAP.HR.Business\I020SimsHoursAndPremiumProcessor.vb:line 296

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, the 500 covers the correct error message, that is bad.

In fact you have:

The content type text/html of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8).

That is an error code 4xx.

Check, if the URL, user and password are correct.

david_nguyen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

You need to make sure the username has access to the function group that contains the remoted function module.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2d/64d023e74911d6b2e400508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

Check authorization specified by the link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Check Reports

RSVSOAP1 and RSVSOAP3

This can help you checking SOAP Run time.

Thanks

Gaurav Bhargava