cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send Fax to the RightFax Machine using Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to send Fax to the RightFax Machine. How does this work?

Do we need to create XSF output? If so, How do we send it to RightFax server?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the Rightfax connector for SAP? With this installed the rest works (pretty much) as standard.

Pass fax parameters to the smartform, this will then create a fax message in SAPoffice. With the Rightfax connector installed this passes the fax message to your rightfax server, which sends it to the fax.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

The guy I talked to does not sound like he has worked with Smartform before.He asked to create XSF output.

What do I need to do from my side.What are the parameters I need to pass.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assuming you don't have the Rightfax SAP adaptor, as you didn't confirm that you did.

I've not worked with rightfax without this adaptor, but if you want to produce the smartform in XSF format you can do this from the Form Attributes, Output options tab by changing the output format frop-down.

But I've never used this before, so there may be more to it than this.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

They did not tell me about the RightFax adapter. Let us say, we do have RightFax adapter, What do I need to do from my side?

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The rightfax adaptor should include the installation of the adapter on your SAP system and the configuration of SAPconnect through transaction SCOT.

With this in place you need to set values in the structures CONTROL_PARAMETERS and OUTPUT_OPTIONS, this will create a SAPoffice message that will be processed by SAPconnect and then rightfax.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

I have done the coding as you said.

I was able to find the example program 'sf_xsf_demo' which tells me what are the parameters I have to pass.

I get below error when I try to create XSF output.

*XSF exception: XSF_WINDOW_CLOSW WRITE_WINDOW

*Current element/operation is not permitted in the

There is no detailed error description.

Do I need to configure any printer for this?

Thanks in Advance.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I've no experience of using XSF. You may be better to close this thread and post this as a new question.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Thanks for the response.

I will do that.

Thanks,

Ramesh