cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accounting documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a scenario its between a non sap (java) application to SAP r/3, i have to post accounting documents into sap r/3.( webservice-Xi-bapi Asynchronous scenario ) .

The sender application has webservices for everything, now please guide me how to proceed for this,

1. What are the objects i should ask from Sender application( like xsd,wsdl...)

2. Can sender system initiate the message flow( the scenarios is whenenevr there is a Invoice got created in sender appliaction , then the Interface should run).

3. What are the possible problems we may get in this scenario.

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1. What are the objects i should ask from Sender application( like xsd,wsdl...)

As I understand the sender would basically be a webservice client.

You would need the schema of the data which your source would be sending.

Chk with them if they can give you the schemas in .xsd so that you can directly import them into XI.

Or else get the schemas, build the interface as ususal in XI.

now create a webservice in ID and export the WSDL.

Give the WSDL file back to the Webservice folks and they would generate a client based on the same.

> 2. Can sender system initiate the message flow( the scenarios is whenenevr there is a Invoice got created in sender appliaction , then the Interface should run).

Yes!! This can be achieved. the sender would invoke the interface thru the weservice client only when reqd.

> 3. What are the possible problems we may get in this scenario.

Ususally you would need to provide a user id/password to invoke the interface using SOAP adapter.

Chk with the webservice folks on how they intened to generate the client. If they use Java then usually ppl use eclipse which comes with plug ins to generate web service based clients.

Also ensure you capture the BAPI responses if you plan to use the RFC adapter.

Sometimes certain BAPI transactions are not complete as long as you dont capture the response back in PI.

So probably you would need a sync scenario but you can write the response to a dummy file in XI server if the source doesn't expect a response back.

Hope this helps!!

Award points if found useful!

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need a .XML file which they are triggering to SAP XI through WebService call, and if its possible ask them for WSDL..

In XI you can genarate the WSDL automatically for the Sinario providing the required parameters

In Configuration -> Tools -> Define WebService.

If they can't provide the .XML you need to identify the fields which they are calling us and define the Data types in XI.

Thanks

Amaresh