cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM - Safety days Supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm working with CTM and I found a problem that I can't solve. If I set the profile to consider for example 8 safety days supply (I tested with all settings) the system do not consider the safety days of supply for the first 9 days. The system creates the supply with no difference between demand and supply and at the 10th day it start to create supply with 8 days difference from demand. Did anyone know what is happening? I tryed with fixed and time-dependent safety days of supply and I'm working with the SCM 5.0.

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is standard CTM behaviour. Days of Supply in CTM is treated as buffer time between supply and demand. UNlike heuristics, CTM does not create anything extra.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help.

This setting seems to be a very good suggestion. The early demand fulfillment specifies the time that the system have to build up safety stock, but I tested it and this setting seems that doesn't work for safety days of supply. Do you know if there is another setting like this for the days of supply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I undertand the standard system behavior and for me it's ok. The problem is that this standard behavior is not working for the first 9 days. When I check the pegging overview the system is keeping this buffer only from the 10th days. The first 9 days the system is keeping 0 days as a buffer.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the system does take a rampup time to build safety stock based on your settings in CTM profile. (supplies tab - "Specify Early Demand Fulfilment")