cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! upgraded SM4.0 system with SMD SPS 15 missing SMD_DATA_LOADER100, etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a SM 4.0 system upgraded from 3.2. SM and SMD are at SPS 15 (ie all Java SP 14, ABAP ST 14, etc). I've recently deployed the new SR3 SMDAgents and Wily Introscope 7.2 and run agent configuration wizard. I think I've scheduled E2E extractor before its time. I now have thousands of dumps on the ABAP side, mostly UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION CX_RSR_X_MESSAGE or CALL_FUNCTION_NOT_FOUND SMD_DATA_LOADER100.

I've temporarily locked the SAPSUPPORT userid the extractor was using (and the dumps have stopped for now).

I THINK SMD SPS 15 = E2E Root Cause Analysys.

The RCA Installation and Upgrade Guide SP 15 says I'm supposed to activate BI and do some configuration.

Will that fix the e2e extractor? Do I need to deploy the BI_CONT 7.03 ABAP Support Package stream? I thought this was optional ... is it required with e2e diagnostics (extractor)?

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ken Chamberlain

University of Toronto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at note: 1107804

You have installed Solution Manager SP13 to SP15 together with BI Content

703 SP07 or SP08. In Solution Manager - Diagnostic Capabilities, E2E

Workload Analysis you observe errors when activating the MultiProvider

0SMD_MPIH and dependent objects.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have another BI system, nor is management going to spring for the resources for one. I guess my option is another client in my solution manager system. What would be the source client for client copy? 000, 001 (hopefully not my sol. man. client!)? I create the ALEREMOTE user and run RSA1 in the newly created client?

Management might fork out for a virtual AIX system ... Can a SM 4 system be moved via OS/DB migration?

(I run SM on Linux x86_64 db2)

That might be my chance to go unicode ...

Ken Chamberlain

University of Toronto

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I don't have another BI system, nor is management going to spring for the resources for one. I guess my option is another client in my solution manager system. What would be the source client for client copy? 000, 001 (hopefully not my sol. man. client!)? I create the ALEREMOTE user and run RSA1 in the newly created client?

According to the IMG this can be either the SM client itself or a different client:

SPRO - IMG

--> SAP Solution Manager

--> Configuration

--> Scenario-Specific Settings

--> Solution Monitoring/Reporting

--> BI Analyses

--> General Settings in BI-Client

---> Set-Up SAP BI Client

> Management might fork out for a virtual AIX system ... Can a SM 4 system be moved via OS/DB migration?

> (I run SM on Linux x86_64 db2)

Linux can do virtualizing too (using the builtin XEN) - and is supported

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

You are right, BI_CONT is a mandatory component. All the info-objects and extractors necessary for E2E Root Cause Analysis are included in BI_CONT; so you have to include the corresponding support package for SPS15.

Regards,

Fermí

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is true if you want to use the SolMan as the "BI system". You can, however, connect the SolMan to an already existing BI.

Markus