cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write log file on error

Former Member
0 Kudos

With alert configuration we can send notify user when there is an error.

Is there a way to write a log file when there is an error (assume no BPM used).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a couple of things you can do to create a log file:

1. You can create a custom alert and trigger it by generating an exception in your message mapping. This can be done using a user defined function. In the same user defined function you can call a communication channel to write the error log file.

2. You can create 2 interfaces the first one is your main interface, in that interface donot error out the interface in the message mapping. Populate a certain error value in the target and use that value in another message map to create another map with the error

IntfA -

> UDF (Error --> X) ---> Target (<field Z>X</field>). --> IntfB

IntfB -

> Check value for X in field Z to populate the eror records to the target structure --> intFC.

Same condition u need to put in the rcvr determination so that it doesnot give an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Indranil.

I should have been more clear on my question.

The errors I am talking about are not hanlded errors, those are unhandled errors. For example, if I have a soap->soap scenario without bpm, and if the target webservice is down, then I need to create a log file. I can setup a alert and configure a rule in RWB, but it will only send mails, not log files.

so the question is: how do I write a log file if a scenario fails beacause of unhandled exception?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get any solution to ur problem? Bcoz even I have come across same issue now.

Please suggest if any solution.

Regards,

Manisha