cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to jdbc error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done file to jdbc scenario, with MSaccess as the receiver jdbc.

The connection i have specified is {Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};DBQ=

and the access file after creating the table has been kept at server location itself.

sender is picking up the file, but there is no update in the receiver DB.

Can anyone tell me what may be the error.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below log may this can give u some hint:

Receiver JDBC scenario MS access - /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Apart from that let me know any error message which u can see in MONI trace.

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Apr 16, 2008 5:54 PM

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Resolved.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

Please check Runtime workbench and let us know what receiver communication channel is saying..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have given the connection path as

{Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};DBQ=//hstxid/XITEST1/file2jdbc/rec.mdb

In Runtime workbench it is giving the error as

Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver to establish a connection to URL '{Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};DBQ=//hstxid/XITEST1/file2jdbc/rec.mdb'

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: Database connection could not be established.

Can u please tell me if the error is in creating the table in MSAccess or anyother , as the structure of the table is same as i have given in xi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

--->In MONI, im getting the message posted as successful, but the receiver is empty and it is not updating the data in access DB.

Are you getting any message for that particular communication channel ?

if yes then what ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;

In connection string here you should have an mdb file at the desired location with an ODBC connection.

try to test the location(//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb) directly on your explore .It should work.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;

In connection string here you should have an mdb file at the desired location with an ODBC connection.

try to test the location(//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb) directly on your explore .It should work.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Santosh,

I have changed it to

{Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};DBQ=//hstxid/XITEST1/file2jdbc/rec.mdb

In MONI, im getting the message posted as successful, but the receiver is empty and it is not updating the data in access DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

Go to RuntimeWorkbench --> Adpater Monitoring-> chosse ur receiver communication channel.

You will come to know about the error .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divya,

Can you please check receiver communication channel and let us know what error you are getting at Receiver communication channel.

Seems to me connection related

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell the status of your message processing in MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im getting 2things in MONI.

One is successful message where receiver is empty and the DB is not updating.

Second is "Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error Unable to locate a suitable JDBC driver to establish a connection to URL '{Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)};DBQ=//hstxid/XITEST1/file2jdbc/rec'"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a JDBC driver problem.Use the following drivers.

jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

(or)

sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver