cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC 7.1 SP05 unspecified error - how to read the debug trace?

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to consume a enterprise service with VC 7.1 SP05.

Beforehand, I have tested the parameters using WSADMIN, and I know what I have to pass.

Unfortunately, when feeding the same parameters to my VC model, I get a error message, and I cannot find out what is the problem. By reading the default trace, i cannot extract the relevant information.

The error message I get from VC is:

"Error occurred during Data Service, L_SRV Execution"

The trace level is set to "debug", but as said, I am not able to find the relevant part in the trace file.

Maybe someboy could teach me??

Thanks,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I am dealing with a enterprise service with a nested data structure, and there the Test Data Service Functionality is not available.

(Gives error message: ...does not currently support nested data structures..)

It tells to deploy and test in runtime, but there it does not give any hint what is missing/wrong.

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Can you please email the trace file? Also can you please let me know if the nested data structure has one input or more?

Best regards,

Dharmi

HighTechDom
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just sent the trace file.

The service has several inputs.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/FindDemandPlanKeyFigureValueby+Elements

I am passing parameters on the top level, and then using a data bridge, two more parameters one level below.

Thanks,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Were you able to figure out which field is null from the trace or not yet?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

In the design board, where you have dragged your Data Service, on right click you can test the data service. That is what I do if I get that error. On clicking on input, you can give your input parameters without the equal sign and then execute. Check it out, if that works with your parameters well...

Regards,

Dharmi