cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Transport Consistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a questions that is related to the transport consistency with ChaRM. Scenario:

1. I create a change at an object X using a normal correction and transport it to the QAS system via the maintenance cycle functionality

2. Now I make another change to the same object X using an urgent correction and transport it to QAS and PROD quickly

3. After the maintenance cycle is updated again, the normal correction is imported to PROD and overwrites the urgent correction again (?) ! This would revert the urgent correction!

Is there a functionality that controls these inconsistencies?

Thanks for all answers!

Regards,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

This will depend on how you have customized your maintenance cycle. When you've customized your own variant for the tasklist associated to your cyle or use the correct standard one (SAP0 not SAP1), make sur that you've selected the option Transport Request remains in import buffer after import.

By choosing this, your transport requests associated to urgent correction will stay in import queue after being imported in QA. This means that when you will import the project the import sequence will be preserved and no regression will occur.

Hope this explaination will help you.

Best regards,

Stéphane.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default after import ChaRM leaves in the QA and PRD buffer the transport requests related to Urgent Corrections so when you import the whole project from the Task List all transport requests including UCs are imported following the release order this is done to avoid downgrades.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

Thank you very much, this answered my question.

Regards,

Marc