Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem related to Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query related to Alert.

I have configured the Alert Framework,checked mapping related errors it was generating the mails etc.So Alert framework is working fine for Mapping related conditions.

Problem: I have defined a rule for receiving application error in Integration engine which contains the condition

Error Category: XI adapter & Error Code : *

I checked suppress mail alerts & Connected to message: YES

Test Case: I shut down the receiving application so SAP XI processes the message successfully but with system error and my objective was to generate an alert in this case. But System has not generated an alert as the data was not posted to receiving application.

Can anybody suggest some solution to my problem?

Suggest some solution as to how genaret an alert in this case.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

I am having a similar problem at the moment.

Alert rule:

Suppress Multiple alerts (flagged)

Bound to message (yes)

Trigger the error again, and then execute the ABAP Program SXMSALERT_LOGREADER.

Check if you are getting a message like:

"Alert Category <your alert category> not yet confirmed. Skip creation of new Alert."

If so, then somehow there is an already an unconfirmed alert for this rule eg. from a previous error, and it is not creating new alerts for this rule. If you confirm the old alerts, and try again, then you should get a new alert message.

But this is not really the desired alert functionality ... we want each new error to be reported as an alert.

If you have solved your problem in the meantime, do share your solution !

I have the problem that I either get too few alerts (Suppress Multiple Alerts = X), or too many alerts (if Suppress Multiple Alerts = blank). We are on PI 7.0 SP14.

Best regards,

Jodie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody suggest solution to my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any solution???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think u can not generate errors alert message if the Rx system is shut down. But wait for other experts views.

Chirag

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope at the end of this you may get some Info on Alerts.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step XI:Alerts step-by-step. (fundamental Basic)

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i CCMS Monitoring for XI. (CCMS monitoring for XI is enough later

we configure to Adapter Engine).

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1 Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part-1

(This is Important)

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2 Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part-2

( " " )

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3 Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part 3

( " " )

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/05/03/solution-manager-cen-and-alerting-configuration-guide-for-dummies Solution Manager CEN and Alerting configuration (Advanced)

Please reward points if it is useful...

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u elaborate more on why it will not generate alert.

My idea is that:

If SAP XI has produced the message successfully and it has system error in the acknowledgement status meaning that it wont be able to post the data to receiving application due to shut down of the receiving system then it must be able to send the alert to the concerned person that Error has occured in the Integration engine.

please share your idea. Request you all to provide more suggestion in order to tackle this problem.

Thanks & Regard

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

any solution?????

thanks & regards

prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be easier if you can illustrate the problem and your scenario. According to my understanding...

System A -

> SAP XI --- > System B (Rcv system).

Please mention comm channels for the recv system. But in all cases if the adapter framework / engine generates an exception while message delivery alert gets triggered.

Thanks and Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My scenario is SAP R/3 -XI - SOAP(Webseservices)-Asynch.

SAP XI has generated the successful message in sxmb_moni but I shut down the receiving system so SAP XI is not able to post the data to receiving system.

In this case SAP XI has shown the message successfully processed message with system error in the acknowledgement. My objective is to have an alert message for this condition.

I already configured everything but alert is not getting generated.please suggest some solution to my problem.

For other cases I was getting the alert successfully especially for mapping related error.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

alert configuration is for your system not for the other systems

if in ur system something fails then alert will be triggered

for your case you need to write code

you know adapter modules right

if you want to check by the adapter before executing it

then we need to write code for checking the whether the receiver is ok or not

then you can ask to put a mail in the code if it is not recognised

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I post the data to webservice using soap adapter. It will not get posted in case receiving system is down. So the receiver adapter will have an exception. Therefore it is proper to have an alert from SAP XI because receiver adapter is the SAP XI system part.

The suggestion regarding module adapter enhancements may add complexity to the scenario.

Therefore if alert related solution can be suggested it would be nice. Can u suggest how can we achieve this test case using alert framework.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody suggest the solution to my problem?

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat